MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   mustang gt modifications (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/54-mustang-gt-modificatins.html)

crann11 01-19-2003 11:08 PM

mustang gt modifications

i have a 96 gt. i have a couple of questions. i have the light bar on my car and i want to put on the hard tonneau cover but it says that i need to cut it. do you really have to and if you do is it hard. also where is the best place to find it. i found it for 300. it is in two pieces. i have also found it for 600, but that one is in one piece. what is the difference?

next question is that i want to build up my car a little bit. i already have a new cold air induction system, and x-pipes on it, but i want to put some other things on it to make it alot faster. i was thinking of headers, throttle body, high flow injectors, underdrive pulleys and like 3:73 gears. do you have any suggestions on what manufacture i should use for this stuff and where i can get it from. my goal is to build it up enough to install a nos system.

thanks for all and any help you can give me

josh

Justang46L 01-31-2003 12:12 PM

mustang gt modifications

Josh, i bought a FRPP 75mm throttle body for my 96 gt, and it works great and i've had no problems with it. I'm not sure how it would do w/ nos applications, but for natural aspirated cars like mine, it made my throttle response slightly better.

spike306 02-16-2003 09:56 PM

mustang gt modifications

i wouldn't recomend nos!! it's kinda like crack, the cheapest way to get you high. in our case it's the cheapest way to an 11-12 sec. car. however, you will pay for the damage a whole lot more in the end

Justang46L 02-16-2003 10:15 PM

mustang gt modifications

yeha spikes right. i'm a big fan of keeping the motor naturally aspirated w/out NOS or superchargers. Rebuilding the motor with better internal compenents can really get you somewhere. as for headers, you might as well put them on while the engine is out, that's the only way you can get them on. i've never heard of anyone puttin headers on a 4.6 without having to hoist the motor out. be careful with underdrive pulleys....they can take a toll on your battery if the alternator isn't spinning fast enough, and same with the water pump, you don't want your motor goin hot.

lloydchristmas 02-16-2003 10:51 PM

mustang gt modifications

If you read up on N2O and use it properly it wont cause damage to your motor. Its definitely a good investment. Dont even think of wasting money on pulleys. Justang46L has a good point, your battery will never see a full charge ever again.3:73's are a great first move. Then go spend time at the track and learn to really drive the car. No matter what anyone tells you you can drop at least a 1/2 a second learning to drive. Its all about practice. Then juice the sh*t out of it!!!!

spike306 02-17-2003 03:33 AM

mustang gt modifications

lloyd, how much juice do you run in your car, and how do you keep it from hurting your motor

spike306 02-17-2003 03:48 AM

mustang gt modifications

i don't want you guys to think that i'm knockin NOS, i've just heard of peoples motors that have gotten hurt from it, and i myself am not educated enough about it to know where they're going wrong. however, i would like to here the propper ways of running it, and the positive things you can do with it!!!

lloydchristmas 02-17-2003 11:23 AM

mustang gt modifications

Ive run as much as a 250 shot without problems. If you supply enough fuel and use an rpm window switch you wont have any problems.. At least I dont.

stangman98 02-17-2003 03:50 PM

mustang gt modifications

I would say the PI headswap. Then the NOS NOSzle kit.

spike306 02-17-2003 09:17 PM

mustang gt modifications

does anyone have ant experience w/ a fogger