4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Shift Kit & Tranny Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by liljojo4711
so what exactly will the transgo kit do for an automatic
Please click here (answers your question): https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6-...shift-kit.html

Spark notes: A quick way to improve your car's acceleration without modifying your engine is to add a shift kit to your automatic transmission. This upgrade makes for a crisper, more precise response when shifting. It also makes the shift from First to Second gear shorter for a better launch, but with no loss of smoothness. It also corrects, reduces, or prevents early shifts, soft shifts and stacked or late shifts.

Last edited by sonicx; 06-02-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:05 PM
liljojo4711
4th Gear Member

cool thanks. so how hard is it to install?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:39 PM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by liljojo4711
cool thanks. so how hard is it to install?
I have heard it isn't too bad but I know when I get it I will give it to someone else because I don't trust myself. Plus it also helps the life of your tranny last a little longer.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 PM
sonicx
speed'n

I've heard it takes between 1hr -3hrs. Depending on your skill level. The transgo manuel is kinda confusing but I have a 30min instructional video that I will follow. I am not at all gifted when it comes to car mech so itll be interesting but I have a buddy willing to lend a hand. 02GTBlueGt your right that it'll save your tranny as well. Im very exciting to put in in except I've been too busy to do it myself here with summer, work. Im planning on installing that & a BBK 70mm throttle a week from friday here. So ill let ya know. But if I can do it without messing up my car. I know for a fact after that anyone could do it

Last edited by sonicx; 06-02-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Beamer03GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by isjoining
no he's right, shift kits are for automatic transmissions only. Some of them make the automatic transmission have full manual control.

There are short shifters for manual transmissions if thats what you meant.
definitely not was I was talking about. I'm not that retarded but I swear I've heard the screeches of a shift kit on 03/04 Cobras w/ the t-56
Old 06-03-2009, 08:22 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkRacerx
I've heard it takes between 1hr -3hrs. Depending on your skill level. The transgo manuel is kinda confusing but I have a 30min instructional video that I will follow. I am not at all gifted when it comes to car mech so itll be interesting but I have a buddy willing to lend a hand. 02GTBlueGt your right that it'll save your tranny as well. Im very exciting to put in in except I've been too busy to do it myself here with summer, work. Im planning on installing that & a BBK 70mm throttle a week from friday here. So ill let ya know. But if I can do it without messing up my car. I know for a fact after that anyone could do it
Definately let me know how that goes, again because I only trust myself with certain things, tranny not being one of them haha. I have been wanting to do this for years but just haven't wound up doing it.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by 02TrueBlueGT
Definately let me know how that goes, again because I only trust myself with certain things, tranny not being one of them haha. I have been wanting to do this for years but just haven't wound up doing it.
Sorry to say but I gotta hold off for a while... I guess I still have extended warranty and that might void the whole thing. BUT it will be done. & when it is I will post here again!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkRacerx
Sorry to say but I gotta hold off for a while... I guess I still have extended warranty and that might void the whole thing. BUT it will be done. & when it is I will post here again!
Ok thanks man. Would be a big help to know how it goes and how hard it's for your normal joe shmoe that would try it in their driveway or wherever.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:30 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by 02TrueBlueGT
Ok thanks man. Would be a big help to know how it goes and how hard it's for your normal joe shmoe that would try it in their driveway or wherever.
hahaha thats a gr8 description of me. I will soon.... dunno if I ready to risk it or not yet. Im itching to do so (b4 the end of summer) otherwise it'll have to wait just bout a yr.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 AM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

ive got the same kit from transgo waiting to be put in. the trans takes 14 quarts.(13.7) im using b and m trick shift when i install it.

Quick Reply: Shift Kit & Tranny Fluid