4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

vt stage 2 vs comp stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
10inch Terror
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Are the Manley NEXTEK 2 valve springs the ones i should use?

Is there anything else i would need besides this?
Those are perfect! If you have a windsor motor, then you will need the cam gear kit. If its a romeo, you are good to go.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10inch Terror
Those are perfect! If you have a windsor motor, then you will need the cam gear kit. If its a romeo, you are good to go.

Excellent! Thank you!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

FYI, my car with CMS Stage II's was tuned on a 100 shot last Friday night. Although I hate to compare numbers it made 395/497 on a Superflow dyno. Of course Dynojet numbers would be higher.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayC
FYI, my car with CMS Stage II's was tuned on a 100 shot last Friday night. Although I hate to compare numbers it made 395/497 on a Superflow dyno. Of course Dynojet numbers would be higher.

So i take it you're happy with these cams?

Anything at all that you don't like about them?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

So i take it you're happy with these cams?

Anything at all that you don't like about them?
I'm pissed I waited so long to get them.....lol
Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 PM
95stang gt
2nd Gear Member

will there be an ptv issues with these cams?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95stang gt
will there be an ptv issues with these cams?
None with the CMS if installed correctly.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayC
I'm pissed I waited so long to get them.....lol

Everyone i talk to on here loves these cams! Then i talked to Livernois and Modular Powerhouse (both of whom custome grind cams for Mustangs) and they basically say that these will have possible piston to valve clearence issues. They also said these are not the best cams specs for a mod motor, because of the small displacement and lack of torque.

So on one hand people on here seem to love them, then on the other i have a couple of the best and most respected shops in the industry (for modular motor mustangs) telling me these are not good cam specs for my application.

Now how can this be? I mean someone has to be right here! lol.

I guess it boils down to following your instincts, and hope for the best.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Everyone i talk to on here loves these cams! Then i talked to Livernois and Modular Powerhouse (both of whom custome grind cams for Mustangs) and they basically say that these will have possible piston to valve clearence issues. They also said these are not the best cams specs for a mod motor, because of the small displacement and lack of torque.

So on one hand people on here seem to love them, then on the other i have a couple of the best and most respected shops in the industry (for modular motor mustangs) telling me these are not good cam specs for my application.

Now how can this be? I mean someone has to be right here! lol.

I guess it boils down to following your instincts, and hope for the best.

Yeah and did you ask them, what cams they recommend???? I'll bet money it was their in house custom grinds.

**** Livernois for being stupid over priced **** that fooked me in the *** when I first bought my mustang and **** MPH for never returning any of my phone calls for 2 months.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Yeah and did you ask them, what cams they recommend???? I'll bet money it was their in house custom grinds.

**** Livernois for being stupid over priced **** that fooked me in the *** when I first bought my mustang and **** MPH for never returning any of my phone calls for 2 months.
That's interesting! I've had a few people tell me to stay away from Livernois, but they have promptly returned my calls, and did not try to sell me one of their custom grinds. In fact they said anything much over their off the shelf grind would not be a good bet on a stock head PI car. They have been very nice me, and have taken the time to answer my questions, without trying to sell me anything.

I talked to Tim Barth at MP (he returned my call a few hours later) and again he didn't try pushing any of his products or services. We talked for a good 20 min. and he basically said the same thing... "the specs were not ideal." He seemed to be most against the LSA being to low.

So again from my perspective it's tough to decipher what's right here. What's biased and non biased info.

Quick Reply: vt stage 2 vs comp stage 2