4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bassani Mid Lengths

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Roushy
2nd Gear Member

Default Bassani Mid Lengths

I want to get a set of heads that are easy to install and I can still work on the clutch/tranny without removing them. From what I am told... Bassani is the way to go for ease of install and tranny work. I want to get those + an X pipe... 2 questions...

What brand X pipe will fit the mid lengths?
What HP numbers should I see after I am done?

~ Stefan.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:29 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Bassani Mid Lengths

I think the midlengths require their own special midpipe, check with the manufacturer to be sure. Gains of 20-30 rwhp are common with longtubes or midlengths and aftermarket midpipes.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:21 PM
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

I have Bassani on my Mach1. The pic in my sig is me doing a demo for them. use their headers plus their x-pipe. 20-30 hp sounds about right...tho i havnt dynoed it yet but i deff. noticed a big big difference when i put them on.[sm=happy046.gif]
Old 06-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Roushy
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm... Well I can pick up the Mid-lengths from EBAY for about 650 and the X for about 150... 850 bucks for 20-30 HP isnt bad. How hard was the install? Dont they come with single pipes and a collector?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:44 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Roushy

I want to get a set of heads that are easy to install and I can still work on the clutch/tranny without removing them. From what I am told... Bassani is the way to go for ease of install and tranny work. I want to get those + an X pipe... 2 questions...

~ Stefan.
I have the midlengths, & they were easy to install...still time consuming, but definitely easy.

1) Get a Bassani x-pipe. If you need cats, get the one w/high flow cats, because it'll come with cat-eliminator pipes. I have the cats, so when I finally need emissions, I can use'em.
2) You rwhp #'s will largely depend on your other mods, & if you have a different cat-back, & intake mods. The better your car can breath, the better the #'s. to the wheel, you can expect about 15, or so w/just the two modifications.
3) GET A DYNO!
Old 06-29-2005, 10:10 AM
andy98gt
3rd Gear Member

We've all had this discussion remeber, someone on here awhile go got a dyno w/ just long tubes on a 4.6 SOHC and got 22 RWHP out of them, so no more saying 15. Full exhaust can give you up to 25-30 HP.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:34 AM
50FastFord
2nd Gear Member

I just bought some Longtubes(not shure what brand) but modular powerhouse is installign them on m newly built 4v with ported heads/intake and cams, so I hope i can get some good gains..and sound.. cant wait, I'll let oyu guys know, I half to drive my car for 500 miles before I get my tune to break in my new motor..
Old 06-29-2005, 11:43 AM
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

ORIGINAL: Roushy

~ Stefan.
I have the midlengths, & they were easy to install...still time consuming, but definitely easy.

1) Get a Bassani x-pipe. If you need cats, get the one w/high flow cats, because it'll come with cat-eliminator pipes. I have the cats, so when I finally need emissions, I can use'em.
2) You rwhp #'s will largely depend on your other mods, & if you have a different cat-back, & intake mods. The better your car can breath, the better the #'s. to the wheel, you can expect about 15, or so w/just the two modifications.
3) GET A DYNO!
I think i read somewhere that with certain systems the Highflow cats make more HP that NO CATS b/c the engine still needs a little back pressure. Im pretty sure that works the same way with Bassani. Either that or im just talking out of my ***...not sure yet.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Roushy
2nd Gear Member

My question is... are the Basanni heads single pipes and a collector, or 1 pipe object?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:08 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andy98gt

We've all had this discussion remeber, someone on here awhile go got a dyno w/ just long tubes on a 4.6 SOHC and got 22 RWHP out of them, so no more saying 15. Full exhaust can give you up to 25-30 HP.
just long tubes on a 4.6 SOHC and got 22 RWHP out of them, so no more saying 15. Full exhaust
1) Every car is different
2) Different dyno's read differently
3) Mid-lengths are 'not' full lengths
4) He didn't say full exhaust...he said headers & x-pipe.

Quick Reply: Bassani Mid Lengths