4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HUGE PROBLEM - 2003 GT, TECH/CPU

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Remove your chip, clean the contacts with an eraser, then put the chip back in and duct tape it in so you're sure to have a good connection.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:09 PM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

the mileage in the cluster showing dashes and not the mileage tips it for me mabey the cluster took a dump, both your mileage and your pats info is stored in your cluster, and before I get flamed by 50 bazzilion pple saying mileage and PATS info is not stored in the cluster, do your homework, trust me, it is!

if I remember right like said above the theft light will blink if the pats info is wrong, if it is, all you need is to have the dealer re-do the pats, what you do about the mileage I havent the foggiest.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:47 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Put the key in and turn it to the run position.. is the theft light flashing? Do the gauges sweep? When you go to crank it do the lights go out, anything dim?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:00 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SmallFeesh
the mileage in the cluster showing dashes and not the mileage tips it for me mabey the cluster took a dump, both your mileage and your pats info is stored in your cluster, and before I get flamed by 50 bazzilion pple saying mileage and PATS info is not stored in the cluster, do your homework, trust me, it is!

if I remember right like said above the theft light will blink if the pats info is wrong, if it is, all you need is to have the dealer re-do the pats, what you do about the mileage I havent the foggiest.
well how much is the pats redo and why does this happen? also, would that clear up the obvious mileage -------- parameters. i dont need a new cluster.. that would be odd?

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
Put the key in and turn it to the run position.. is the theft light flashing? Do the gauges sweep? When you go to crank it do the lights go out, anything dim?
tried 2 keys both with the key chip inside, both dont work. the THEFT light flashes the entire time.. even on attempt to crank. The mileage digits try to show going 00000 or w/e then going -----------. Fine with power, batter boots showing half and half, fuel boots, and temp..

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Remove your chip, clean the contacts with an eraser, then put the chip back in and duct tape it in so you're sure to have a good connection.
my chip? how can i locate this chip, or is it the chip in which the tuner adapts into?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:02 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

well i tried two sets of keys, none work.

tapped on all my relays.. should i test any or no?

i tried resetting my alarm sys via the inboard red button near steering.

i tried to reset the emerg. red fuel switch in trunk. the button seems like its already pressed? idk or its just super sensitive.. overall it doesnt really move?? i tried unplugging it, cranking, nothing. same mentioned symptons..

dealership tomorrow????????
Old 06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

If the theft light is flashing, then thats the main problem right there. Dont look into any other problem until you figure the PATS out. Did you check the main fuses to see if it may have popped
Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 AM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

to me it seems like it has to be the theft pats problem.. i went over everything else and it seems fine.

the main fuse is under the hood? which fuse exactly is it.. and what should I be doing just testing it or replacing it?

can i fix the pats issue myself?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

the pats system is only used to start the car. if it died when the car was running, its not the pats. your gauge cluster will always show ------- when the car has died from some type of problem. I just find it hard to believe that the ecu is fried. sounds like fuel related. pumps, maf, fuel rail pressure sensor, fpdm. It could be a huge vaccum leak from a hose that came off or something. Its not ignition related since you have seperate coil packs the car would have kept running but would just misfire. Possibly the charging system system took a dump or something causing everything else to act up.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:38 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
the pats system is only used to start the car. if it died when the car was running, its not the pats. your gauge cluster will always show ------- when the car has died from some type of problem. I just find it hard to believe that the ecu is fried. sounds like fuel related. pumps, maf, fuel rail pressure sensor, fpdm. It could be a huge vaccum leak from a hose that came off or something. Its not ignition related since you have seperate coil packs the car would have kept running but would just misfire. Possibly the charging system system took a dump or something causing everything else to act up.
well what happened was, the car actually did not die out it just bogged down in traffic, then came back to normal after I pulled over for a sec.

then after the high speed stop, on rev in 1st it just died, like a newbie driving stick accept I know i had enough accelerate to go. it died out, i tried to crank and this issue is the scenario.

how can i check my fuel pump/fuel rail press sensor?, i mean im pretty sure I hear it turning on?

what is a fpdm?

im going to reconnect my maf again. i have two should i try another one?

i do not see any disconnected hoses? are there any areas I should specifically look?

and lastly the charging system? more specifically can you explain?? i have a brand new battery and my cables do not look coroded, even though they are the same battery cable since 03-04.

its odd to say not the pats because the theft line system is constantly seeming enabled.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:41 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

how do i check my relays/fuses for the fuel pump etc??

also someone told me to clean the ecm and disconnect it making sure its all reconnected and clean.. where exactly is this i want to make sure i am doing it all 100% correct.??

on the phone with ford now about the pats problem..

Quick Reply: HUGE PROBLEM - 2003 GT, TECH/CPU