4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HUGE PROBLEM - 2003 GT, TECH/CPU

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

This might seem like a novice thing but have you cycled through the remote lock/unlock?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

attempted to lock unlock, lock unlock, etc.

nothing. i even tried to kill switch in the secret hiding spot, hah.

right now while i am waiting to hear back from ford i am going to unpluh the batt for an hour and reconnect see what happens.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:03 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
This might seem like a novice thing but have you cycled through the remote lock/unlock?
that is what you meant right?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:23 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

well since my driver/passanger side wheelwell covers were taken off since I am replacing them with new ones I could easily check my ECM. Its incredibly dirty, i run my finger accross it and i get a streak of blackness.. I can see some wires plugged into it etc, they are dirty as well.

could this be the issue? how do i remove and clean this? should i?

also my other update is, with no ambiance/sounds I can say I actually do not hear any fuel pump starting when I try to just turn on the key, just the theft light issue.

This would not be a MAF issue correct?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Yes, that's what I meant.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Yes, that's what I meant.
sxy you were telling me to clean my chip ya? meaning as the ecm??

check my post above this let me know what you think. THX.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:07 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

well still trouble shooting, still waiting for the call back from ford ha. wow.

ok so, i read through practically the entire ford workshop/tech manual.. in the PATS section it states that if the car cranks but doesnt start, with the theft light flashing than it says to PINPOINT test a and b for the keys and pats info, which ill explain below..

every symptom points to the pats being screwed. (i am also a little weirded out because the emerg fuel intertia switch in the trunk is pressed, i never pressed it.) if the pats is fixed then it still doesnt start it says to start going into the fuel/ignition trouble shooting, but it doesn't seem thats it. I MEAN i was having my monthly nights fun (NIGHT BEFORE) doing some 60-100mph rolls on the freeway, could I REALLY HAVE KNOCKED A SENSOR OFF, or RELAY, or WIRE, if so where? WHERE WOULD I LOOK??? before i go to the dealer!

i cannot do anything myself because the PATS system uses the Securlock or w/e system and needs certain worldwide handheld tuners to tune, etc. I could do it, too bad i dont have those tuners.

I cannot even reset the PCM myself. No matter what I have to go to the dealer, this is ridiculous. Anyways, what else can i do myself?

How can i check the fuses???? they are the 15a ones under the hood right??
Old 06-29-2009, 02:12 PM
gunpig0313
3rd Gear Member

Your ecm is in the kick panel on the passenger side of the car.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:25 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

kick panel?

ford tech just called, says its the pats for sure, and usually does the ----- on tach.

they say warranty covers it if its just a reset. thats cool..

anyways lets hope this tow is worth it. wish they could have came up i live 10 min away heh.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

leave the ecu alone. dont mess around with the wires. Its normal for them to be dirty and dusty. you said you just installed a jlt intake, possibly the maf was affected somehow. try a different maf. need to check the fuel pressure and make sure its getting gas. the pump may come on, but if there is a leak inside the tank you wont have enough fuel pressure. for the car to run it needs air, fuel, and spark. those three things are the basis of troubleshooting any engine related problem. the fpdm is what controls the rate of voltage to your fuel pump. its located in the trunk on the drivers side.

Quick Reply: HUGE PROBLEM - 2003 GT, TECH/CPU