4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

diablosport predator tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Mr99cobra
2nd Gear Member

Question diablosport predator tuner

If I put a larger throttle body and cai on my 99 cobra will the diablosport predator tuner adjust for the air/fuel ratio? Is that tuner all I need?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr99cobra
If I put a larger throttle body and cai on my 99 cobra will the diablosport predator tuner adjust for the air/fuel ratio? Is that tuner all I need?
yes and yes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:51 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation Tuner Help

ok... I know very little about tuners. I saw this thread and decided to post my question here. Would a tuner be benifical to own if all I had where a few bolt-ons and upgraded exhaust? I know id gain more rwhp but does one need anything before hand to use it? or does it just work by plugging into your car. How do you know what tunes to use or not use?? Im just wondering. Thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
asiansensation78
1st Gear Member

Good question BlueMagic, I'm curious as well. Let's say one had a few simple bolt-ons in their car to help the intake/exhaust flow better, what parameters can be tweaked on the predator 93 octane tune to maximize gains?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr99cobra

Don't waste the $ on a TB....the stock one is good well past 500 hp and most aftermarket ones create idle and drivability problems.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
mstang2k6
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by POISND U
Don't waste the $ on a TB....the stock one is good well past 500 hp and most aftermarket ones create idle and drivability problems.
I'm going to have to agree with that(Partially), ever since i put on my accufab throttle body I've had nothing but problems with my idle and drivability, i'm putting my stock TB back on this weekend. In regards to performance gains...well i'm sure there's some (i put on a plenum and cai at the same time, so it's hard to say).
Old 07-10-2009, 11:21 AM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mstang2k6
I'm going to have to agree with that(Partially), ever since i put on my accufab throttle body I've had nothing but problems with my idle and drivability, i'm putting my stock TB back on this weekend. In regards to performance gains...well i'm sure there's some (i put on a plenum and cai at the same time, so it's hard to say).
We're talking about 4Vs, not 2Vs. There are guys on SVTP pushing 600 rwhp that swear by the stock TB.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Mr99cobra
2nd Gear Member

Is this a decent tuner?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:04 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mstang2k6
i have an accufab and did have the rev problem but i took out the screw that opens and closes the butterfly plate inside of the tb, before i took it out i was revving up to 5k at a stoplight, soccer moms didnt like that.

About the the tuner, you can bump up the timing and adjust a few parameters, I got mine used and think it was well worth it.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by avlon06
i have an accufab and did have the rev problem but i took out the screw that opens and closes the butterfly plate inside of the tb, before i took it out i was revving up to 5k at a stoplight, soccer moms didnt like that.

About the the tuner, you can bump up the timing and adjust a few parameters, I got mine used and think it was well worth it.
Wow, i thought most people on here support the tb upgrade, this is where i was told to do it. I have never had a single issue with my idle after install. Yes it is a good tuner and you can do multiple things with it, and they are very user friendly, especially with a little bit of google.

Sorry tb recommendation is based on 2v, dont now about 4v.

Quick Reply: diablosport predator tuner