4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Suggestions please....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 01:45 PM
UNTAMED01GT

Default Suggestions please....

alright I'm looking to do some performance work to my '01 GT but not quiet sure what I want all I know is that I'd like to have her out run my boyfriends 89 Turbo Supra, got any suggestions as to were to start, she's completely stock.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:57 PM
josh4rim
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Suggestions please....

As probably everyone will tell you get some 4:10 gears. It will make you 1/4 mile-1/8 mile and 0-100 time a lot faster. Then do full exhaust- Long tube headers- H-pipe- cat back, and high flow mufflers. After that look into intake upgrades, new Trottle body and Plenum (65-75mm) K&N inktake system. Well, just go from there.

That is the order I am going at because I have already asked all these questions and this is the response I got. Have fun I hope you beat the crap out of him!!! [sm=patriot.gif]
Old 07-05-2005, 01:57 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I'm sure about 98% of the people in here are going to say the same thing im about to say, just in a different way.

Gears and Exhaust are your best places to start i would say.

Most likly 3.73, 3.90, or 4.10 (thats a whole 'nother debate)

Exhaust in gonna include everything from headers (short or long, another different debate)
, a mid pipe, (H or X, off road or catted) two more debates

and a catback (likely just as big a debate as the gear one)

either way, good luck with whatever you do and have fun doing it,, i love driving my car with just a midpipe, catback and gears, but i still want more..

put up a couple pics if you get arond to it

...damn... beat me by 6 seconds....[:@] ^^^^^...haha
Old 07-05-2005, 02:06 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

What's been done to the Supra? If we get an idea how fast it is, we can tell you if you need more than just bolt on mods. If you plan on adding a power adder at some point (supercharger, nitrous, etc.) it will affect what choices you have in the bolt on area. For example, getting underdrive pulleys only to have to remove them because you decided to supercharge the engine is a waste of time and money. I know from experience
Old 07-05-2005, 02:08 PM
UNTAMED01GT

I'll defiently look into the gears and exhaust

umm... supra mods include: 3 angle valve job, a Titan 2.0mm MHG, ARP head bolts, JE .020 over pistons, NA intake cam, 57 trim ct26, MBC @ 10psi, K&N FIPK, Supra Sport/Cooleeze 3" Downpipe, Autometer Phantom series boost and EGT gauges in a dual pillar pod, an upgraded and relocated oil cooler, Walbro Fuel pump, Bosch Bypass Valve, Greddy Turbo Timer, Moroso 8mm plug wires, Eibach Springs with KYB GR2 shocks, Greddy strut brace, custom short shifter (I think that's all)

I was considering maybe down the line, way down the line, putting a supercharger on her but i just don't have the money for it at the moment and doubt i will anytime in the near future and i can say nitrous will never go into this car, i just don't like it.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:08 PM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

If you have a big chunk of money upfront you could get an8 pSI KB super charger, or if you have an even bigger chunk you can forge your internals and go with a bigger super charger
Old 07-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Supercharger for power
Gears to make the most of it
Upper/lower control arms to keep your rear wheels from hopping
Good rear tires to get some grip
And a good tune.

You could bump it up from there with a Cold Air Intake, MAF, Throttle Body, Plenum/Powerpipe/Intake(if you have centrifugal SC), Headers, X-Pipe, Catback, cams, etc... but the above is all you need to go fast.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:26 PM
LuvBottles97GT
2nd Gear Member

89 Supra+10 pounds of boost= SLOW!! Im sorry but 89 wasnt that good of a year for them. You could get a gear and a tire and prolly woop his ***. Do you what his time is? If you really need that extra security.....just get a bottle and spray a 100 shot on that bitch and you should have no problem!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 04:31 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

What's the difference between a 1500HP Supra and a 500HP Cobra????????????

Nothing, they are both 11 second cars.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Why not nitrous? It won't harm your engine anymore than a blower.

Quick Reply: Suggestions please....