4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

5K what to do...

Old 07-11-2005, 07:01 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: 5K what to do...

VT>SHM
Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 PM
num1son80
1st Gear Member

The reason I suggested nitrous was that I only need the power at the track and still want to keep my drivability, I had my lt1 supercharged for a while and really didnt like the feel of it all the time, ie cruisn to the grocery store or goin back and forth to work just too much for every day use.
I would also like to road race this car for fun of course and take it to the strip so using the bottle is kinda what I was leaning too. I could do all the bolt ons etc... and spray a 100 wet shot and be low 12's high 11's which would make me happy... and still have something fun to take to gingerman raceway for some post 5:30 fun, Then with the forged internals I could run a larger shot maybe 150 and run a progressive controller and yet when i want to hit the road course just undue the bottle to pass tech inspections... I somewhat am under the impression that constant boost can hinder a motor in the long run but spray 4 weekends a year doesnt seem like much stress... Does this all sound inline or kinda crazy, I just love road racing for fun and I love strip action, not much of a street junky. I could even leave the inernals stock get an inline fuel pump retard the timing and have a 400 rwhp car just for track days and have a 300 rwhp for every day and get decent gas mileage and still be fun enuf for the road track

K (am I crazy?)
Old 07-11-2005, 07:35 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Hey, I love the bottle....there are just alot of blower junkies on here
Old 07-11-2005, 07:39 PM
00silvergt
1st Gear Member

I say do the nitrous since that is the way you semm to wanna go. We can say do this or do that but if its not what you want ... then what good is it. I would go with a supercharger but I have had both on my 93 cobra and i liked both. Problem with nitrous is all the hassle with turning on the bottle ... keeping it warm ... purging the sytem ... running out and having to refill it, while the s/c is there all day every day!
Good luck in your choices!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:42 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: num1son80

The reason I suggested nitrous was that I only need the power at the track and still want to keep my drivability, I had my lt1 supercharged for a while and really didnt like the feel of it all the time, ie cruisn to the grocery store or goin back and forth to work just too much for every day use.
I would also like to road race this car for fun of course and take it to the strip so using the bottle is kinda what I was leaning too. I could do all the bolt ons etc... and spray a 100 wet shot and be low 12's high 11's which would make me happy... and still have something fun to take to gingerman raceway for some post 5:30 fun, Then with the forged internals I could run a larger shot maybe 150 and run a progressive controller and yet when i want to hit the road course just undue the bottle to pass tech inspections... I somewhat am under the impression that constant boost can hinder a motor in the long run but spray 4 weekends a year doesnt seem like much stress... Does this all sound inline or kinda crazy, I just love road racing for fun and I love strip action, not much of a street junky. I could even leave the inernals stock get an inline fuel pump retard the timing and have a 400 rwhp car just for track days and have a 300 rwhp for every day and get decent gas mileage and still be fun enuf for the road track

K (am I crazy?)

My car AND everyday driver dyno'd at 642 rwhp and 600 ft lbs of torque and it feels like a normal everyday car till you hit boost. A blower doesnt necessarly take away drivability. Its all in the right foot.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:46 PM
num1son80
1st Gear Member

I guess maybe I should have rephrased it with the supercharger on my camaro it was so much temptation to dip into that 6 speed and just light it up all the time... [:@]

I havent decided which way to go i just want to make sure I've got my bases covered, now since we have a plastic intake mani would I still be ok to run a wet kit or do i have to watch out for backfire, Never had one back fire on any of my cars

K

I like everyones opinion and appreciate it a lot
Old 07-11-2005, 11:26 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Hey, I love the bottle....there are just alot of blower junkies on here
totally agree. but those + displacement blowers are a blast to listen to.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:03 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Oh well, I'm a blower junkie. Life goes on I guess. lol. I can't wait till my car gets blown!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:01 AM
rifeman

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

My car AND everyday driver dyno'd at 642 rwhp and 600 ft lbs of torque and it feels like a normal everyday car till you hit boost. A blower doesnt necessarly take away drivability. Its all in the right foot.
wtf do you have under the hood that'll give you those numbers!?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:03 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

A cobra with a kenne bell. That sums it up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5K what to do...