4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

s/c problem! what could this be??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:56 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

Default s/c problem! what could this be??

Last night me and my mechanic installed my vortech s/c and Accufab TB/plenum and everything was fine. it started up ok etc. when we went for a test drive i shifted from first to second then third, but a sharp turn was coming up so i shifted to Nuetral then the car lost idle and went dead[]. We later found out that it has trouble keeping its idle. It keeps its idle when it first starts up but as soon as you give it some gas it revs then instead of going back to idle it dies.

I just test drove it tonight and when i would even lightly touch the acclerator the car would jult uncontrolably. Last night we figured out that it could be the Throttle Position Sensor because we took it of and put it on the Accufab. what do you guys think.

Thanks for your help
Old 07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: s/c problem! what could this be??

BTW my IAC has less than 1K miles on it and was just changed last year. Also my mechanic checked it out when it couldnt keep its idle and it was clean.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:34 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

That would be my first guess. (TPS)
Old 07-12-2005, 10:51 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

how is the TPS damaged when removing. my mechanic said it took him almost a half hour to get it off the stocker.

I just got a new one but i cant get the friggin bottom screw off it looks like it is stripped. why cant they make flat heads.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:05 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

The TOS is really delicate. You need to see where the voltage is at. Should be below .99
Old 07-12-2005, 11:21 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

what type of fuel system upgrade does the vortech kit come with?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:49 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I've heard that the TPS and it's screws get message up easily. I bought a TB/Plenum from E-bay and when it's TPS is installed on either of my TB/Plenums (OEM or E-bay) it throws a error code on the CEL. So the E-bay TPS was BAD. When I use my original TPS it the code stops. I've never had that screw problem. I would start with the TPS. I hope it's something simple.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:11 AM
blownstanger
2nd Gear Member

Could be lots of things....depending on what S/c kit you bought from Vortech....POSSIBILITIES:
With my procharger I had 10 psi of boost..so it didnt need a replacement of fuel injectors because of the fuel management unit it came with..but I bought some 30 lb injectors anyway and installed them. And whats happening to yourcar started happening to my car...turn on...fine...drive off... fine...park...idle low and then it would turn off. So I put my old injectors back on and the problem stopped. I was running to lean...so I needed to buy a 75 mm MAF sensor...and installed the 30 lb injectors...and everything was fine. So it could be that you're running to lean for some reason or it could also be any number of sensors...preferably the TPS as said before....but doubtful.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:53 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

my fuel system is 90mm MAF, 255LP, and 42#.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:34 AM
rifeman

Code...in your sig it says one Bad N/A 2V...what does that mean? the N/A 2V part

Quick Reply: s/c problem! what could this be??