4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Question on springs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 03:43 AM
01BlackGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Question on springs.

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=145

Does anyone have these springs on their car or know anything about these springs? I am trying to decide between these H&R's or the Eibach Pro Kit. I dont want to have to buy new shocks/struts or anything else I just want to buy the springs and put them on. I am leaning more towards the H&R's because they lower the car a little more than the Eibachs. I dont want to slam my car I just want a nice little drop for a more agressive stance and plus I may be looking for LT headers in the future and I dont want them to scrape. I need some opinions so please help!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Question on springs.

Never tried those springs but you are no where even close to needing shocks or struts with that drop. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 07-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

I use the Steeda sport springs and love the handling. Be careful of lowering your Stang TOO much. In excess of 1.5 inches and you have to make other suspension adjustments (additions) such as caster/chamber plates to properly keep your geometry correct in the front end. You also start to experience different forms of "clearance" problems with various undercarriage parts such as banging exhausts, etc. That is percisely why most major suppliers of aftermarket springs limit their lowering to 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches. If you should opt to change your springs in some manner, don't forget the new urethane spring isolators that you should install at the same time. Also, when you have the suspension apart like it is to install the springs, it is the perfect time to also install new struts, shocks and quads. The combination of the entire install will make a profound difference in how your car handles. Chop it too much in excess and you'll have constant little problems popping up all the time. I used Tokico sport struts and shocks with KYB quads and all has worked very well together. Good luck with your choices!
Old 07-15-2005, 02:54 PM
01BlackGT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks! Hearing that makes my day! I will probably go with the H&R's since they have about a 1/2" more drop.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:58 PM
01BlackGT
2nd Gear Member

Deannostang- I am just wanting to buy springs and nothing else for $$$$$$$$ reasons. Many people have said I should be fine with stock shocks and struts with the H&R springs I posted. What do you think?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:50 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

My buddy has those H&Rs. He likes them, but is always wary of speed bumps and such. I have DropZone springs waiting to go on, but I'm hesitating for the same reason: Its a 2 inch drop. Only good thing is that I know the DZs are variable rate. Not sure about H&R. If not, it will be a rough ride, especially on long trips.

Finally, you will need the c/c plates or a bump steer kit with a 2 inch drop. However, your shocks and struts should be fine.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

Stock shocks and struts will be fine....
You can read the post HERE if you want an explanation..

Get the springs and ride on [sm=gears.gif]

Like Deannostang said, you should get a better ride with new shocks and struts, but if you don't have the cash to spend right now don't worry about it.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:38 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I had the H&R's on my GT and they are a great ride and I still pulled awsome times out at the track with them. I would suggest them any day of the week.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Gonna try and get my H&R's on tommorrow if it stops friggin' raining!

I have those exact springs too, and Do go ahead and get the spring isolator kit and pinion snubber, H&R reccomends both for the install of thier springs. Oh yea, don't order 2 pinnion snubber slike I did, those springs come with one already, I'm guessing you need 2 htough, not 100% on that though.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:02 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Ummm... you just need one pinion snubber.

Quick Reply: Question on springs.