4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Supercharge/Forge internals or buy a cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:45 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Supercharge/Forge internals or buy a cobra?

ORIGINAL: guarnibl

My insurance agent is my cousin so he cuts me deals.. you won't get the rates I get. My recommendation is to get your family to put your cobra and another car on the same plan w/ progressive. It'll lower your cost by a lot depending on the area you live in, etc. There's really too many variables, but I know that helps.

Anyway -- I'm not looking for a cobra less than an 03. The older ones are not S/C'd and lack forged internals. That's the whole point of me trying to get an 03 Thanks for the offer though. My parents had to sign on the loan because I didn't have any credit. I run my own business (I just turned 21). Affording it isn't a problem but my parents want me to wait until I have enough credit to trade my car in. Even though I really want this cobra.... My parents are right in saying that I'm going to lose a hell of a lot of money when I trade my car in and I'd be better off just not driving it a lot and waiting until Spring when I have enough credit to trade it in and sign my own papers to get the cobra. It's just a matter of whether I want to buy a Shelby

Sorry if this sort of does not make any sense (didn't read over it.. tired).

Ummm... your Cousin must be ripping you off because I have two speeding tickets and an at-fault accident on my record with my GT and my insurance only increased $10 a month. I went from a '02 to an '03. Thats all they care about is the value and year of the car. The engine size in a GT to a Cobra isnt gonna matter because its still a 281CI. Now... if you're going from a V6 to a Cobra then may God be with you because insurance is going to be god awful.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

if you want the most for your money, get a V6 and swap in a cobra engine/drivetrain without the IRS. Get a built rear end. Might as well get 00 style side exhaust (this way you don't need to get a new bumper or anything) and a steeda 5 link suspension. Maybe a tubular k-member/coilover front. Sell the V6 stuff. Now your car flies/handles. It's still worth quite a bit if sold privately, insurance is cheap and you should still be 50 states legal. If you get collision/comprehensive coverage with your insurance (and I would), you'll need to confirm with the insurance company that they'll cover your mods.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

if you want the most for your money, get a V6 and swap in a cobra engine/drivetrain without the IRS. Get a built rear end. Might as well get 00 style side exhaust (this way you don't need to get a new bumper or anything) and a steeda 5 link suspension. Maybe a tubular k-member/coilover front. Sell the V6 stuff. Now your car flies/handles. It's still worth quite a bit if sold privately, insurance is cheap and you should still be 50 states legal. If you get collision/comprehensive coverage with your insurance (and I would), you'll need to confirm with the insurance company that they'll cover your mods.

They would still charge you for a V8 and if they dont then as soon as you're in your first accident then they wont cover a thing because they werent covering the car that the VIN told them it was. Thats insurance fraud and they dont have to pay in that kind of situation. In fact, I bet they would take you on to the big ouse for fraud.