4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My mustang is dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My mustang is dead

Well, I took my car to another shop this morning and guess what they said........I blew a head gasket.[:@] So yeah, I don't know if I should be mad at the other shop or not. It was definitely a cooling system issue that caused it to blow. I am going to call them and see what they say.....I'm not expecting anything though.[&o]
So, I think this may be a good time to but the PI heads in since they have to take them out anyway......I need some money or a credit card or maybe I'll just start selling drugs.[&:]
Old 07-19-2005, 05:55 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I figured thats what it was. Thats why I said to drain the oil and look for coolant.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:08 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

Yeah, it's funny though cause the first shop tested it for a bad head gasket and it was fine. As I was driving it home it fuggin blew!![:@] I called them and they basically told me it's not their fault and they did the job I paid them to do......blah blah blah. I didn't suprise me, but now i'm SOL for the time being.[&o]

I may have warped the heads too.....which is fine cause I'm getting the PI heads before I replace those head gaskets. AHHHHHHHHHH I ****ING HATE SHOPS!!! ****ING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:24 PM
MarcusM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sickspeedgt

it will ping or knock if you have low coolant, but with overheating issues im sure you checked the coolant
That is just to detonation right?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:10 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Hey Dev - why did you replace the radiator to begin with? Did you notice it was leaking?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:12 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

Hey Dev - why did you replace the radiator to begin with? Did you notice it was leaking?
Yep. I had a slight leak, but it wasn't overheating at all. I just figured it would be good to replace it now......great idea that was.[]
Old 07-19-2005, 08:17 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

You notice some coolant leaking from your old radiator, but it wasn't running hot. So you bring it in to get a new radiator, and once that was done the car began to habitually overheat? Then you bring it back and they change the thermostat, which doesn't help. They then test your temp gauge and tell you that it's off, send you on your way, and you blow a head gasket?! Something is rotten in Denmark.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:19 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

You notice some coolant leaking from your old radiator, but it wasn't running hot. So you bring it in to get a new radiator, and once that was done the car began to habitually overheat?
Pretty much yes. The night before I took it in I saw a fair amount of coolant on the ground and my guage was reading a little warmer than normal, but I shut it off right away I took it the shop the next morning.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:21 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

I edited my post to add some more - look at the rest.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

At least someone else see's where I'm coming from. I just doesn't seem right. The guy was a total *** to me on the phone.....I'm not going to see a dime from them. He flat out said it wasn't their fault and he won't do any work for free.

Quick Reply: My mustang is dead