4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My mustang is dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:49 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

Default My mustang is dead

Well, I had the radiator replaced just a couple days ago and the thing keeps overheating. I took it in today and they replaced the t-stat which seemed to help but the gauge keeps reading super hot.[:@] They did a test and found that the temp gauge was way off........but yet the car seemed to be running hot to me.
I drive it home and it dies in the middle of the road........overheated?.....maybe, but there was a n aweful pinging/rattle sound before it died. And then when I got it started (with a jump) it sound terrible under acceleration. I get home and some oil is dripping at the back of the motor and the whole thing just kinda smells funny and is extremely hot.

Winner.

Sorry for the long thread but I am so upset that I can't really put it into words. It's just weird cause the car was running soooo well before I had the radiator replaced. I think I'm going to fix it and sell it. Maybe I should have bought a honda.[&o]
Old 07-18-2005, 09:06 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: My mustang is dead

You blew a rear seal?
Old 07-18-2005, 09:58 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

IDK, man. That's the thing.......I won't know much more until tomorrow. I'm knida drunk right now so bare with me. I'm just really pissed dude......all that money for mods and **** and someting like this happens. It just really sucks a nut sack, ya know?!@
Old 07-18-2005, 10:53 PM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

it will ping or knock if you have low coolant, but with overheating issues im sure you checked the coolant
Old 07-18-2005, 11:09 PM
mk636
2nd Gear Member

Was there any smoke? Hopefully not white. I had a car that was pinging, sounded like a spark knock. Turns out it was not low, but no coolant. Welded the pistons to the cylinder walls. Hopefully that is not your problem. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:28 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

I think I'm going to fix it and sell it

no! a honda? come on,V8 all the way screw reliability. you may be down now but you will figure it out and fix it and have it running like a top in no time. chear up, dont give up now...you got a really nice car on your hands dont **** away all that time and effort. oh and by the way, i get the same way when little things go wrong with my car. i sometimes just wanna sell it and get a brand new car, but then i remember all the work and $$ ive put into the tangerine dream and how unique it is, dont give up!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 PM
98UAGT
2nd Gear Member

How many hondas can scratch third? not many... keep the beast, she is just in need of some love!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: devinsteen
I think I'm going to fix it and sell it. Maybe I should have bought a honda.
I know I didn't just hear those words come out of your mouth..... I htink you drank way too much friend!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:47 AM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

LOL....yeah I think you're right. I would never own a Honda....no offense to you Honda owners out there. I am just pissed off.......I think that shop fvcked something up. If there is other damage now from the car runnig too hot then they will pay for it. It's not fair that I have to pay when they screwed it up/
Old 07-19-2005, 01:25 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Drain your oil and see if there is water/coolant in it.

Quick Reply: My mustang is dead