4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Who can help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:59 PM
rifeman

Default Who can help

I have to get the RH Exhaust manifold on my car off. Is there anyone who can help guide me through it. I subscribe to alldata.com which give step by step instructions, but I'm still a little confused at times. If anyone thinks they can help me through this I'd appreciate it! I'm sure that it'll be a lot cheaper if I do it myself.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Who can help

By right handed, im assuming you mean the passanger side. The only way to do it from the top of the car is to unblot the engine mounts, the upper wiring harness, the right side tranny mount and lift the engine up. It will come up about six inches and will provide plenty of room to get the header off.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM
rifeman

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

By right handed, im assuming you mean the passanger side. The only way to do it from the top of the car is to unblot the engine mounts, the upper wiring harness, the right side tranny mount and lift the engine up. It will come up about six inches and will provide plenty of room to get the header off.
what kind of equipment am I gonna need to lift the engine? and for doing the rest of that stuff?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:51 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

it would be very hard to do in a garage at home... best to be done on a lift... but you have to pretty much unbolt the motor mount... take out the stock mid-pipe. jack the motor up. take out the RH motor mount. unbolt the header. and it will fight ya alittle to get it out. i stood there alittle bit and watched the guy do my LT headers and helped him some and it was a s.o.b.