4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

stroker kit/ 4.6 to a 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:53 PM
navy_seabee17

i guess i should just get a terminator cause i prefer they way they look, that and from what i know it isn't that hard to achieve close to 500hp.

as long as the thing puts out more than 430hp im good.

i see a kb in my future yes?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:56 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

what are you talkinga bout?

i was saying doing a 2v 5.4 swap nets only a little torque gain and no HP and thats 200% of the stroke of what the stroker kit adds, so its not going to be much power gained from it. hed be better off just forgetting the stroker and forging bottom end or if he wants to just have more cubes/bragging rights then yeah swapping in a 5.4 and doing a little work to it is a better option IMO than stroking the 4.6 out.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
navy_seabee17

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N

i was saying doing a 2v 5.4 swap nets only a little torque gain and no HP and thats 200% of the stroke of what the stroker kit adds, so its not going to be much power gained from it. hed be better off just forgetting the stroker and forging bottom end or if he wants to just have more cubes/bragging rights then yeah swapping in a 5.4 and doing a little work to it is a better option IMO than stroking the 4.6 out.
bragging rights would be kinda cool, but im more worried about raping chevy muscle at the track and on backroads.

then again, how many people are gonna f*ck with you if you have a 5.4 with a kb lumping under your hood?

that would be sex...
Old 12-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

go 4v
Old 12-15-2009, 11:51 AM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

haha thats what im talking about seabee. Im more looking to rape my friends EVO. Im looking to get around 500-600hp when i get back in the states from my deployment. Im overseas right now. I asked MMR what i should do to get around that much hp. They said "Hi Sean, with a budget of $15k we would suggest doing a supercharger with forgedlongblock with the TFS heads, this will get you in the range of 600RWHP no problem and run you less than your budget (including install). If you are close to us or would like to ship the car we would be happy to do the complete install for you. Let us know if you would like us to fax you a estimate." They say my auto trans will handle it but a know a manual cant handle as much power. I dont know what your looking to spend but that might give you an idea of where you can start.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:19 PM
navy_seabee17

Originally Posted by SeanAndKate
haha thats what im talking about seabee. Im more looking to rape my friends EVO. Im looking to get around 500-600hp when i get back in the states from my deployment. Im overseas right now. I asked MMR what i should do to get around that much hp. They said "Hi Sean, with a budget of $15k we would suggest doing a supercharger with forgedlongblock with the TFS heads, this will get you in the range of 600RWHP no problem and run you less than your budget (including install). If you are close to us or would like to ship the car we would be happy to do the complete install for you. Let us know if you would like us to fax you a estimate." They say my auto trans will handle it but a know a manual cant handle as much power. I dont know what your looking to spend but that might give you an idea of where you can start.
whatever i can save up in 6 months as an E-4. oorah afghanistan!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by navy_seabee17
bragging rights would be kinda cool, but im more worried about raping chevy muscle at the track and on backroads.

... good luck with that
Old 12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N

The "big bore" kit is not really a big bore... and it still goes through the same crap heads, neither will see much hp gain, the whole point of cubes is torque. And the 5.4 block is a dime a dozen.. keep your working stock GT block for later and keep your car running, buy a 5.4 on the side and build it w/ little machining cost. I think buying a 5.4 block is worth it because its really just a few hundred more and you might pick up 20-40ftlbs across the entire band, but its not worth dropn several Gs, you money is better invested in a better forced induction system

Last edited by Fobra; 12-15-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 AM
navy_seabee17

Originally Posted by Fobra
... good luck with that
what makes you say that?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Fobra
Banned

LS motors are a head swap away from 500+ whp, but mod for mod you wont beat chevy stuff. If you do want your planning on doing you would whoop up on stock c-6s and hang or beat stock zo6s. Alot if not most chevy guys run H/C/I and n20 and youll need to be in the in 10s to play.

Quick Reply: stroker kit/ 4.6 to a 5.0