4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How can I run my gt in 15 psi safely ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 03:03 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

^^ I disagree.. to each their own.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

I disagree as well. My daily driver is my car.
If I want to be into the racing scene it must be on my DD...no way around it.

Until I get a decent job after I graduate from college it will continue to be
Old 12-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Risk what you can afford to loose; it's that simple.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

my car is still my dd. Ive had it ever since it was new. Its all in how you drive it. Me I poke around like a grandma during the week, but sometimes on saturday nights ill take it out and make about 4-5 runs max then I drive it home. Sometimes ill even go weeks without getting into boost though, just depending on the conditions. I have taken measures to improve reliability like a cobra oil pump, high flow pickup tube, mmr oil pan, mishimoto 3 core radiator, cooling mod, also about to remove the condensor and add twin cooling fans. Since its turbo, the engine actually feels like stock, and is never under much load around town. Another thing I did was removed the egr system and the pcv system. That way the intake and valves stay clean all the time. Just have to worry about these people that cant drive crashing into me
Old 12-28-2009, 10:22 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
building up your daily driver is dumb unless your just flush with cash, this is my opinion because I have been there and done that, and now that I have a dedicated project car, I am much happier.
what car do you even have? never heard you mention it, much less seen a pic.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

definitely recommend OP buying another car if he is going to be pushing more than 450 + rwhp I am speaking from experience and so is Fobra. If you have the money for $10 build you should have money for another ride. If not the case keep your power realistic < 400 rwhp for DD. That is just me though.

OP in terms of compression lower compression with KB than centri blower. if you go with centri do not go below 9.0 compression as you will lose a ton of power down low or when you are not in boost. I have 9.5 compression with my MMR motor. If you are going with KB and running high boost beyond 15 8.5 compression.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

It reminds me of the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it." It's been a while but I read a post once from a guy who was running 475 rwhp with 4.10s on his daily driver. From the way he wrote the post, you could tell the car scared him. It all too easily went sideways around every corner and when passing cars.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT
It reminds me of the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it." It's been a while but I read a post once from a guy who was running 475 rwhp with 4.10s on his daily driver. From the way he wrote the post, you could tell the car scared him. It all too easily went sideways around every corner and when passing cars.
lol i dont know if it would be that crazy
Old 12-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

Depends upon the suspension and tires. He also probably needed to learn a little better throttle control. Even at my meager 370 rwhp, I can't just stomp the throttle to the floor in corners. The rear tires won't hold.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
00_buck
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silver-Mustang
i want to run my gt with (kenne bell 2.6L supercharger) . what can i add for my engine to be daily use . and abut good compression . what is the good strokers ?
Take it from someone who just rebuilt an engine and did all that most talk about doing on this subject. Great choice SC but unless your goal is 700 rwhp you can just get the 2.1L which is still very powerful and more practical for a DD. You won't have to upgrade your fuel system beyond the Boost a pump and at low boost you won't even have to forge your motor. I'm not targetting anybody but don't listen to people who haven't actually done and tested what they're talking about. I just forged my engine, installed twisted wedge heads, blower cams, and raised my boost. I'm running a focus fuel pump and have an 8:1 CR (which is what you want for FI not 9:1 or 10:1). That cost me a lot of money though on top of my overpriced Saleen SC. If money isn't an issue than get the 2.6, forge your motor, and i suggest heads and cams that will complement the SC and run a **** load of boost. I don't have a tune but i get close to 20 mpg on the highway with a 4 spd automatic with an estimated 600 hp to the crank (i will tune it in jan. 1st week). If money is an issue (which i assume it is if this is your DD), buy the 2.1L and run low boost to achieve a ball park rwhp of about 400. This is safe for a stock motor and kenne bell gives you everything you need for fuel system requirements (BAP, fuel injectors). Good luck and sorry for the long winded speech.

Quick Reply: How can I run my gt in 15 psi safely ??