4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Brake Line Busted?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM
*PrincessDanielle*

Angry Brake Line Busted?

SO go guess freakin what

after changing my fuel pump, now my E brake was starting to come on so I put more brake fluid in yesterday and today after I got home from work I was going to take pictures of my exhaust to possible trade them, and on my back passanger side, adjacent to the back of the door under the car, there is this long black rectangular metal piece with brake fluid dripping out of it!!!

I swear Me and Ol Betsy(my car lol) werent meant to be!

So what do yall think it could be?

Thanks so much!
Danielle

Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

im not brake expert but if your sure its brake fluid, maybe you should have the line replaced? i honestly wanna get all the brake lines on my car redone eventually.

no offense, but i think you might wanna take your car to a reputable shop and have it properly looked over and given some TLC. a decent shop would be able to take care of everything for you and make her run perfectly again, without all the hassle.

Last edited by zero2005; 02-05-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:59 PM
masterofthepuppets99
2nd Gear Member

so your saying that your ebrake was hanging so you put more brake fluid in? umm...not really sure what to say here. did you check your brake fluid level before adding more?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

i think what she meant was that the E-brake light was coming on. i had that problem awhile back, where if i pushed the brakes too hard while coming to a stop, the light would come on. i added a little fluid and it went away.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:07 PM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

to see where its leaking you can pull the wheel and check the line to see if its the brake hose or the brake line.

if its the brake line cut part of the line right after the hose and add a new nut and buy a kit to double flare the line and then you can attach a brake hose to it. it's definitely do able, if you feel up to it. just make sure when you do this have someone watch the brake fluid and fill it as it goes down then bleed the brakes when you attach and repair the line. (ive done this before to my car...its pretty rewarding when you finish and the brakes work well lol)

if its just the brake hose then just replace it bleed the brakes and youre good.

i guess if you really dont want to bother just bring it to a shop...easy enough.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 PM
*PrincessDanielle*

OK!
heck no, SCREW those damn shops im not tryin to pay an arm and a leg for them to tell me whats wrong when obviously i can see whats wrong.
if you want to pay for it, feel free!!! =]
haha lol

So let me say this again,
about 2 months ago my E-brake light was starting to come on when i pressed really hard on the brakes then it got to where when i would just start my car the E brake light would be on. and stay on while i drove
I would check my brake fluid and it would be low, so i would add more and the E brake light would go away for about a month

Now.. its still doing that and i put fluid in it and i got underneath my car the other day and saw where it is dripping from

Passanger side, right before the back tire, it is leaking out of a rectangular metal piece that runs from the start of my door to the back of my door

what could this be?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:01 PM
*PrincessDanielle*

no its not hanging, its leaking from that rectangular looking thang!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:15 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

pictures would help...
a reputable shop wont charge you an arm an a leg. there's some things that just make more sense to bring to a shop. if its a hard brake line, are you going to be able to repair it? do you have the tools/time to do so? i had a line on my S10 leaking, and didnt wanna pay the $ for a brake line flaring set so i just had them do it.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Take a pic and let us see. Sounds like its a coupling/connector of some sort that is simply leaking? If it is just a connector, I do not know how to go about replacing it, haha, but it should be pretty easy I would think? (I dunno, because I know those lines are pressurized, right?).

Just my .02
Old 02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
*PrincessDanielle*

ill take pix tonite and post them =]

Quick Reply: Brake Line Busted?