4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

on3 turbo mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Broken50

Default on3 turbo mach 1

ive seen a couple gt guys running the on3 perfromance kit and siad its a nice kit. i was just wondering if it would fit the 03-04 mach 1's i dont know all the differences in the 96-01 cobras and the 03-04 mach 1 motor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/O3P-4...item20af668162
Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

ive seen an on3 kit in person and was not impressed. the kits for 2v and 4v motors is different though
Old 02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Gearhead559
2nd Gear Member

he did have 4v kits. thats how the motor blew in the owner of on3's cobra.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89sVO06rtqQ
but he blew it up at the track...to much power. but he knew this. and he beats the ever living hell out of his 2v car. and im being for real. every one drives the **** out of that car..lmao
its a cheap kit, that gets your car turbo'd on the cheap. if you dont like it, go buy a hellion kit or something. costa ton more right..right. i personally know several cars running the on3 stuff. guy stands behind his kits, you have a problem, he takes care of it. and i have yet to see one crack!

Last edited by Gearhead559; 02-14-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Broken50

well since i have a stock motor im only looking to go max 450hp i just wanna know if his 4v kit fits my 04 mach
Old 02-14-2010, 10:51 PM
SeeingRed
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't buy an Ebay turbo KIT...that being said, a friend of mine had two Ebay T3/T4s on his 99 4v GT and was making high 600s to the wheels on 18 PSI...but that was with a hand fabbed, awesome home made plumbing kit.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SeeingRed
I wouldn't buy an Ebay turbo KIT...that being said, a friend of mine had two Ebay T3/T4s on his 99 4v GT and was making high 600s to the wheels on 18 PSI...but that was with a hand fabbed, awesome home made plumbing kit.
sure you can get an ebay kit to make hella hp on the dyno, but how long would it last? I saw the on3 kit at speedy dyno in KY on a 2v car. Greg said the kit didnt come with a support bracket for the turbo, and thats what caused the issues later on. Welds start cracking because the turbo is only supported by the piping. I think with some modifications it can be a decent kit, but thats where extra money comes in and by the time you know it you could have went with a nicer kit
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

just because the on3 kit is sold on ebay, doesnt mean that it should be related to the cheapo 600$ "turbo" kits... if you get the masterpower or turbonetics uprade, its a great kit. im runnin the masterpower.

and yes, the kit needs supports. im in the process of workin out how best to do it right now. i've got one bracket idea, because of the turbo location it would be real easy to fab a bracket to hold the turbo from bolts on the alternator. the kit used to have support brackets, the instructions now say that if you do somehow get a kit with the supports to cut them off. and all they did was support the kit to the sway bar. but as i said, thier kits no longer come like that.

though, if you do get the kit, im gunna say, there's gunna be parts you wanna dump. like thier cheap chinese piece of crap wastegate. at the very least, the wastegate needs a tial spring, so you know for sure, what pressure the spring is rated for. im not sure how thier 4v kit routes, as i have thier 2v kit. but im sure it probably routes somewhat the same?

it also requires a k-member, coilovers, and a-arms. this could change the suspension more than you want to.

best thing i can say is, call chad, ask him questions. and ask him, not his little helper mike, because mike is just the guy who takes messages lol.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 PM
SALEEN_TIME
2nd Gear Member

Chad now does masterpower and precision turbos. No longer sells the turbonetics.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

Ah, when i called he offered me turbonetics. either way. im more worried about the quality turbo than the piping. at the very least i can have a muffler shop bend up the pipes for me if they crack. but im gunna do everythign i can to ensure they dont.

oh, and beware the quality of thier other parts too. really the main thing you want from this kit is piping + turbo. if i could do it all over again without a time limit, i would have gotten all new v-band clamps, a new oil feed line (which im STILL lookin for, good quality non-chinese crap is such a pain to find), and a tial wastegate to finish it off. the BOV is pretty good, and sounds freakin awesome however - so that is one plus to the kit. even better would be to get some kind of extreme temp gasket to put between the v-bands because they're not exactly the best sealing sometimes not sure if its just because i havent torqued them down enough or what, but i really dont wanna overtorque them and bust them.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 AM
SALEEN_TIME
2nd Gear Member

Well im glad i got all this info now from your time spent with the kit so I know what to change when I get it. I talked to him a week ago and he said he was getting in the precision turbos. Thats what im getting, its a 67mm turbo. Going to pay the extra change and get it BB.

Quick Reply: on3 turbo mach 1