MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   ok ok what do you think about this price? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/58755-ok-ok-what-do-you-think-about-this-price.html)

DILO2001GT 07-27-2005 02:50 AM

ok ok what do you think about this price?

i just called up the mustang shop to get my nitrous installed and made an appointment. for me to get my 3 gauges and nitrous instaled with the purge and bottle warmer etc. he said it would run me from $800-1000. does this sound about right? i mena they are THE best shop around that does purley mustangs but i wasn't expecting it to be that high. make me feel better and say that thats about right.

Acer2428 07-27-2005 05:34 AM

RE: ok ok what do you think about this price?

Yep, gauges are prob. $100 a piece...

guarnibl 07-27-2005 05:36 AM

gauges aren't that hard to install are they?

DILO2001GT 07-27-2005 02:35 PM

i have everything thats needed.

so $800-1000 is a reasonable price for a nitrous install?

DIVER8374 07-27-2005 03:10 PM

Is it a wet or dry kit? Does that include them tunnening it for the nitros also? If they are going to tune it also it does not sound like too bad of a price to me. But what do I know I have never shopped around for a price to install a nitros set-up. But I will be evently in the future.

DILO2001GT 07-27-2005 03:42 PM

its a wet kit

not sure about the tune, they might have included that and if they did then its a good price now that i think about it but i'll find out cuz either way theres no other shop around and i want it done.now the only thing is i need to get a grand in 2 weeks that i can spend on this[:@]

racer02GTstang 07-27-2005 04:33 PM

i did my install on my dodge ram hemi in about 4 hours of work (and thats running everything for show look.... nitrous lines in the frame and everything hidden so you cant see i have nitrous)... thats including a purge kit. its very easy. i am pretty sure you could do the complete install and save that money if you know how to use a couple wrenchs and how to drill and how to splice wires. what brand kit did you go with? i put a Zex kit on my truck and its amazing. i love it. just nitrous is to expensive to keep filling up so the tank is empty right now. :(

racer02GTstang 07-27-2005 04:34 PM

what type gauges are they? im guessing air/fuel and what else?

DIVER8374 07-27-2005 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

i did my install on my dodge ram hemi in about 4 hours of work (and thats running everything for show look.... nitrous lines in the frame and everything hidden so you cant see i have nitrous)... thats including a purge kit. its very easy. i am pretty sure you could do the complete install and save that money if you know how to use a couple wrenchs and how to drill and how to splice wires. what brand kit did you go with? i put a Zex kit on my truck and its amazing. i love it. just nitrous is to expensive to keep filling up so the tank is empty right now. :(

What does it cost to fill up a 10lb tank? Is it really that much?

racer02GTstang 07-27-2005 04:55 PM

well... i get it for 30 bucks for 10 lbs of nitrous. but it depends where you go. i get it for 3.00USD a pound.... in some other states ive heard it is more expensive and some it is cheaper... but still... a bottle doesnt last very long... in three days, i spent 60 bucks in nitrous. [:@] i used it alot though on 100 shot. it will last longer if you use a bottle heater too... but not much longer. im guessing he could get about 8-9 runs out of a 10 lb bottle.