4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How Much Did It Cost You To Have Your Springs Installed ?

Old 07-28-2005, 12:23 AM
dobry
2nd Gear Member

Default How Much Did It Cost You To Have Your Springs Installed ?

I got my pro-kit and I`m gonna look for a shop to have it installed. I`d like to know how much you paid for the installation+alignment+whatever else is necessary.
As I shop around for this type of service I`d like to have some baseline price. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:25 AM
notstock02gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How Much Did It Cost You To Have Your Springs Installed ?

I think it was like 300 for install and 65 for allignment. But i also had to order new 4 bolt cc plates and they were an additional 160.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:31 AM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

$0 - Did it myself in under 2 hours. Here - this will guide you through it. Personally, I would not pay a dime for this install, as it is a fairly easy mod to do yourself: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...edaspring1.htm
Old 07-28-2005, 12:39 AM
dobry
2nd Gear Member

I wish I had skills & tools to do this job
ORIGINAL: josh_0351

$0 - Did it myself in under 2 hours. Here - this will guide you through it. Personally, I would not pay a dime for this install, as it is a fairly easy mod to do yourself: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...edaspring1.htm
Old 07-28-2005, 12:47 AM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

Very few skills or tools required...

I too recommend doing it yourself...

Old 07-28-2005, 12:49 AM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dobry

I wish I had skills & tools to do this job

The skills are minimal, trust me. I’m not the most mechanically inclined, but found this to be pretty easy.

As for tools, all you need is a good socket set, a floor-jack and jack-stands. You can pick up a very decent (starter) socket set from Sears, Lowes, etc. for roughly $60 (that’s how much mine ran @ Lowes). I also picked up a cheap-o floor-jack for around $16 @ Weird (Wal) Mart as well as jack-stands for under $10. All-in-all, I spent less than $100 on tools for this project that are an investment and will be used time and time again in the future. The cost for tools is still less than what a shop will charge you. Just my .02.

If you do decide to do it yourself, PM me and I’ll give you my contact info in the event that you encounter issues….
Old 07-28-2005, 12:52 AM
hawaiian7873

I paid 175 to have mine installed, But if u have access to a lift and basic tools then I say do it yourself. Much cheaper!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Caster and camber plates with alignment required when installing lowering springs?

Maximum Motorsports says no, but I'd like to hear your comments as well.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:16 AM
dobry
2nd Gear Member

josh_0351: I have to get the tools first and from there I`ll see what I can do
Quickshift_02GT: There was a thread about it and If I remember corectly you do not need afermarket cc plates if you are planning on a drop lower than 2" if it is above 2 you need to have more flexible CC plates for alignement.

The skills are minimal, trust me. I’m not the most mechanically inclined, but found this to be pretty easy.

As for tools, all you need is a good socket set, a floor-jack and jack-stands. You can pick up a very decent (starter) socket set from Sears, Lowes, etc. for roughly $60 (that’s how much mine ran @ Lowes). I also picked up a cheap-o floor-jack for around $16 @ Weird (Wal) Mart as well as jack-stands for under $10. All-in-all, I spent less than $100 on tools for this project that are an investment and will be used time and time again in the future. The cost for tools is still less than what a shop will charge you. Just my .02.

If you do decide to do it yourself, PM me and I’ll give you my contact info in the event that you encounter issues….
Old 07-28-2005, 01:17 AM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

200 bucks for me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Much Did It Cost You To Have Your Springs Installed ?