4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need HELP... Who sells and rebuilds/tweaks out 01 cobra engines?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 05:28 AM
Ehkz

Default Need HELP... Who sells and rebuilds/tweaks out 01 cobra engines?

Hi everyone! Im new here. Heres the story.. my 01 engine blew up. sucks. got a 04 cobra engine and tranny, i was gonna try and have it installed but its looking to be way too much of a hassle, so thats not gonna happen, gonna sell it... done with that idea.

Anyway, Ive been searching on the net (google and here)and cant find anyone thats reputable. Maybe I just cant search very well?

I live in Southeast Alabama and am trying my hardest to find someone that can get me a 2001 cobra engine and tweak it out, rebuild it to have about 450hp or so, but cant find anyone/shop. They dont have to be in Alabama as long as they're legit and do the work they promise to do and the engine comes out like they say it will and doesnt explode. Anyone know any place thats awesome that can do this for me? Thanks alot guys.

And as far as me doing it myself, Im not engine savvy at all.. be like me trying to build a space shuttle out of hamsters. so, thaaats not gonna happen, ill pay the extra $ for labor!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

How much are you selling the 04 set up for? To bad your not going that route that would be your best bet.
Get ahold of prestige they are in GA. they might have an engine for you or can even point you in the right direction for a built motor
http://www.prestigemustang.com/
Old 03-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ehkz
Hi everyone! Im new here. Heres the story.. my 01 engine blew up. sucks. got a 04 cobra engine and tranny, i was gonna try and have it installed but its looking to be way too much of a hassle, so thats not gonna happen, gonna sell it... done with that idea.

Anyway, Ive been searching on the net (google and here)and cant find anyone thats reputable. Maybe I just cant search very well?

I live in Southeast Alabama and am trying my hardest to find someone that can get me a 2001 cobra engine and tweak it out, rebuild it to have about 450hp or so, but cant find anyone/shop. They dont have to be in Alabama as long as they're legit and do the work they promise to do and the engine comes out like they say it will and doesnt explode. Anyone know any place thats awesome that can do this for me? Thanks alot guys.

And as far as me doing it myself, Im not engine savvy at all.. be like me trying to build a space shuttle out of hamsters. so, thaaats not gonna happen, ill pay the extra $ for labor!
If you're gonna be paying for the rebuild, you should just get them to do the swap. It wouldn't be difficult at all for a shop to do a 99-01 cobra to 03-04 cobra engine swap.