4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Taking out my A/C

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1
If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say they were never going to sell their car, I'd be rich! lol
well once your car gets modded so much its kind of hard to sell it. My car has 207,000 miles on the body. New engine has about 30,000 miles on it. Has a creaky tubular suspension, plus normal wear an tear. As it sits right now I wouldnt be able to get anywhere near what i put into it back. I probably wouldnt be able to sell it for more than $10k unless something magical happened. But thats more of a reason to keep it. Theres no way I could buy 10 seconds for less than $50k on a dealers lot
Old 03-11-2010, 01:14 AM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

THANK YOU lol but Roger dodger is right. I should say I hope I don't but I wanna be one of the guys in musclemustangs an fast fords that has had their stangs since they were 20.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:32 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
hey i think people here are bieng a little harsh. others have been deleting the ac for years. I deleted mine because I never used it beforehand and it frees up a ton of space under the hood. It drops nearly 50lbs and the delete pulley you buy will free up a few hp. Its less weight compared to the compressor pulley. As for resale value, the whole ac can be reinstalled in less than 2 hours if you know what your doing. Plus if the car is modded at all youve pretty much already lost your high resale value
+1
OP, if you don't want/need the a/c, pitch it. Just the simple job of relocating the battery from the front to above the right rear tire puts 60lbs on that tire to help with traction. Every little bit of weight you get out of the engine bay helps.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:32 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

The FRPP A/C delete kit is too cheap to consider other alternatives...just buy it and be happy.

By the way, is the A/C compressor really 45 pounds?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dr.apex
+1
OP, if you don't want/need the a/c, pitch it. Just the simple job of relocating the battery from the front to above the right rear tire puts 60lbs on that tire to help with traction. Every little bit of weight you get out of the engine bay helps.
Funny you say that, I am getting the Steeda Battery relocation kit, does it have to be over the RR tire? also I looked on american muscle and I am going to just get the FRPP kit, 50 bucks, quick switch, so alls well ends well, and yea when my dad took his out it weighed about 45 lbs, it was like 48 lbs, but thats all the AC components.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:58 PM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangManiac67
Funny you say that, I am getting the Steeda Battery relocation kit, does it have to be over the RR tire? also I looked on american muscle and I am going to just get the FRPP kit, 50 bucks, quick switch, so alls well ends well, and yea when my dad took his out it weighed about 45 lbs, it was like 48 lbs, but thats all the AC components.
my mistake.....not right over it. Behind it. The battery may only weigh 25-30lbs, but while lauching it's its inertial weight becomes something to the affect of 60lbs. There is actually a mathmatical eqation for the effects of this specifically and taking other weight out of the front.
I can't remember, for the life of me, where I saw it.

Last edited by dr.apex; 03-11-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dr.apex
my mistake.....not right over it. Behind it. The battery may only weigh 25-30lbs, but while lauching it's its inertial weight becomes something to the affect of 60lbs. There is actually a mathmatical eqation for the effects of this specifically and taking other weight out of the front.
I can't remember, for the life of me, where I saw it.
not just during launching but also during cornering too
Old 03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

yea that all makes sense, but if you guys could i only know of the AC and Battery is there anything else im not thinking of, every little bit...im getting a rear seat delete kit just because I dont use it and no one can fit behind me.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

tubular k member and a arms with coil overs will drop about 60lbs or more. Then you could get an aluminum block and drop another 60lbs or so. That will make it feel alot different
Old 03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

ohhhhhh sounds expensive lol

Quick Reply: Taking out my A/C