4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Best deal for the money

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:35 PM
96gtjoe

Default Best deal for the money

Alright guys here it goes: i have an excellent condition 5 spd 96 GT. The only mods i have so far are o/r H, flowmasters, and a k&n filter. With those mods, i went to the track and the best i could do was a 15.03@95.4 MPH. OSW in FLA has no traction lol. ne wayz, realizing how slow my car is i have some serious decisions to make. should i spend the money and do a ported pi swap???? OR should i just give in and get a 98-02 6 spd ls1 z28 or SS??????? my friend just bought an ss camaro and ran a 13.3 the same night i ran. he spun 1st and 2nd, annnd it was his first time at the track. i love mustangs, this is my second one. but i really am considering making the shift over to GM. come on all you ford guyz!!! help me

- 96 GT, 5spd, mac o/r H, flowmasters, k&n, pi swap, and dr's???????????

OR
- trade in the pony for a 98-02 ls1 z28 or trans am??????????????
Old 07-28-2005, 09:47 PM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best deal for the money

DONT GIVE UP ON THE STANG. W know were slow the 96-98 years. I would if i had the chance get a 99/01 cobra and s/c it thatll get u pretty good. Im planning on doing a PI swap for my car soon. I would stay and do the swap then other mods. Get some Gears and some Dr's and youll be grabbin some traction.

With my car on street tires i ran a 14.5 w/o the swap and DR's. dunno if that helps or not. I had trouble grabbing first that day tho.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:16 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

[sm=icon_beat.gif] Thats to smack the bow tie out of you. Trust me you'll thank me for it. Get the PI heads, new intake, gears, some good tires, UD pullies, throttle body and plenum, headers, cat-back, roller rockers, cams, and valve springs, and you'll be set. You'll have one bad stang. Don't get a camaro. It's harder to get the better results but you'll be happier.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:34 AM
96gtjoe

thanx for the replies guyz. i'll probly end up keepin the stang. personally, i love the sn95 bosy style. almost everytime i get out of her i say to myself " damn that car looks good". only problem ............ my friend with his ss beat me there [&:]

i spent some time looking at how involved the pi swap would be. it doesnt sound bad at all , but pulling the motor would be the easiest way to go, and im kinda sketchy about doing that to my perfectly fine dd.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:09 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

gears
Old 07-29-2005, 09:52 AM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 96gtjoe

thanx for the replies guyz. i'll probly end up keepin the stang. personally, i love the sn95 bosy style. almost everytime i get out of her i say to myself " damn that car looks good". only problem ............ my friend with his ss beat me there [&:]

i spent some time looking at how involved the pi swap would be. it doesnt sound bad at all , but pulling the motor would be the easiest way to go, and im kinda sketchy about doing that to my perfectly fine dd.

The mustang shop around here says itll take about 2 days to do it. Dont worry youll buddy will start likin the way your rear end looks real soon. haha
Old 07-29-2005, 10:10 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: idriveamustang

ORIGINAL: 96gtjoe

The mustang shop around here says itll take about 2 days to do it. Dont worry youll buddy will start likin the way your rear end looks real soon. haha
haha. it took a local shop here 3 weeks to do his PI swap.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:33 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

Like nanaki said... gears!!!! Investment for everything is around 500. for the gears, install kit, and install. I would recommend 4.10's no less if your going to be going to the track once and a while and it being a 5 speed..

You will either have to invest in a speedcal or a programmer to correct your speedometer after the gear install.