4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

supercharge or stay nitrous????

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:59 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: supercharge or stay nitrous????

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

ORIGINAL: blownstanger

To summerize in one word...Procharger.
To summarize in two words...Kenne Bell.

the only thing is that... one word= over 3k...
two words= over 5k

not worth it unless your going forged internals cause of the limited amount of boost you can run. you could get forged internals and turn the shot up on the nitrous which would be good also. then later on you can save up for like a kenne bell supercharger and run mega boost levels (having those forged internals) and blow us all away.

Not worth it because you dont have forged internals? WHY??? You may be limited to 10 lbs of boost but that ten lbs will take you from 230 hp to 400+. If thats not worth it then what is? What kind of tech help is that?

I say get the blower and install it and have all the fun you want and it by chance you do blow the motor (which you wont unless th tune is bad) just buy a new forged rotating assy. and block and have all the fun you want afterwards.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:18 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

ORIGINAL: blownstanger

To summerize in one word...Procharger.
To summarize in two words...Kenne Bell.

the only thing is that... one word= over 3k...
two words= over 5k

not worth it unless your going forged internals cause of the limited amount of boost you can run. you could get forged internals and turn the shot up on the nitrous which would be good also. then later on you can save up for like a kenne bell supercharger and run mega boost levels (having those forged internals) and blow us all away.

Not worth it because you dont have forged internals? WHY??? You may be limited to 10 lbs of boost but that ten lbs will take you from 230 hp to 400+. If thats not worth it then what is? What kind of tech help is that?

I say get the blower and install it and have all the fun you want and it by chance you do blow the motor (which you wont unless th tune is bad) just buy a new forged rotating assy. and block and have all the fun you want afterwards.
But the guy is already spraying it. I wouldn't think the car would be any faster supercharged than it would spraying the max allowed N20 on the stock bottom end.

It all depends. Do you really have a problem with not having all of that power on tap 100 percent of the time? What about filling the bottle.

If you are already spraying, and you don't have any problem with going the N20 route, than just forge the bottom end and turn up the shot. Lots cheaper, and lots faster.

You might break something in the trans/rearend though with a big enough n20 shot, as the power comes on so suddenly.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:06 AM
sk8erdudex
2nd Gear Member

Chicks dig Nitrous
Old 08-01-2005, 02:46 PM
mustanggtandgsxr
1st Gear Member

i think im going to stroke the motor and go with a bigger shot of nos.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:02 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Nitro is alot cheaper than a supercharger set up especially if u have to pay for install. It all depends if u think its worth it i think, like my buddy has a 96 GT and he bought a nitrous kit but he refuses to use if for anything but purging out of the nostrills on his hood, and to him thats worth the cash hehehe.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:11 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

if you're planning on getting a vortech, i'd say stick with the nitrous. just like nitrous, you're not going to really feel much of any power until you hit 3000rpm with it. at least with nitrous, you don't HAVE to spray. if you were planning on a KB though, then i'd be all for that. then you'd have the power from the get go.