4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

STOP POSTING IN THE TECH ROOMS IF...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:14 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: STOP POSTING IN THE TECH ROOMS IF...

Now be nice everyone, We just need to all get together, have a few beers and brag about our cars.

When is the next meeting?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:44 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

From the horse's mouth...

I know ten times more than you will ever know about your car, so go take it back to that performance shop and spend moe money to get it worked on. Also do your mod job already and no one would have to make another post like this!
Not to throw gas on the fire here, but I do seem to remeber that the hardest thing you had done to the GT was the longtubes, and you had that done by a performance shop?? And then proceeded to argue with me for 10 pages about how there is no need to move the engine in any way when installing them????

Oh well, I do agree with your first post, that is, that everyone that doesn't know wtf they are talking about should stfu. I have recived quite a bit of bad advice on this board over the last several years, and probably would have a faster car and definatly have less money invested if not for some of the bad advice on this board.

The main problem is that people who don't even own the car they say they do (except in their Forza/GT garage) think they know what they are talking about and start spouting off something their Jr. High friends have told them. And then honest people trying to get good information end up getting screwed. And that sucks.

I will still argue that there is no need to move the engine because if you lower the K member then you have more than enough room to put them in.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

I'd buy the forum and turn it into a Honda forum.
haaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahaa

Old 08-02-2005, 12:25 AM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

[/quote]

I will still argue that there is no need to move the engine because if you lower the K member then you have more than enough room to put them in.
[/quote]

i dont know wut LT headers you can install with out liftin then engine.......
Old 08-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

A lot of things are posted here, and some are incorrect including those by even the mods. So with that said, as long as when we're giving answers/advice and are wrong, let's make sure it's corrected so others don't get the wrong info.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:44 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: sandcracker21

[/quote]

i dont know wut LT headers you can install with out liftin then engine.......
[/quote]

Have you ever installed LT headers? Have you ver dropped a K member? Have you ever installed a tranny and motor?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:21 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

This is a little off topic but, as much as is pains some people on here, JD is correct. A 4.6 can remain bolted firmly down to the frame as long as the K member is dropped. Once you drop the K member you wont have a need to lift the engine.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Anyone who takes advice from people on the internet who have no proof of automotive experience or technical background is absolutely insane.

I think of the forums as a place to talk and meet people that have similar interests. There are far more trustworthy and experienced professionals out there than 90% of people who lurk in forums that suffer from "SAES" (Self-Appointed-Expert-Syndrome).

You must be a VERY trusting person if you can take the word of a person you've never met and expect it to be 100% fact.

Dont post in the TECH portion without knowing what your talking about? How about not posting in there at all without complete proof and documented results in your claims and "professional" advice. Simple enough...

Old 08-02-2005, 10:11 AM
mk636
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Well im glad everyone agrees.

MK636 ORIGINAL
Recently you posted that UD pulleys have no effect on your car i.e. battery charging, water pump etc. I remember in your sig a while back that you said UD pulleys are not for daily drivers. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm not.
Underdrive pulleys are for daily drivers because I had them on my GT for a year... so yes, you are wrong.

Haven't you done nothing to your car but have it tuned...by someone else? Just don't understand your logic here.
Fortunatly when I was rear ended and lost $4000 in modifications, I found a car that was almost complete and I dont need to do anything besides suspension, clutch and rearend. So yes... all I needed is a tune and no, I dont have a dyno in my garage and or any other ability to fine tune 18 lbs of boost. So you are correct.
Well don't put info in your thread that says otherwise. I'm quoting your thread, so you are wrong.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:21 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

It wasnt in thread you tool! It was my signiture because some other tool was trying to tell everyone that they are no good for daily drivers and I posted it there because it was just the most idiotic thing I have read.

Are you 12 years old or what?

Quick Reply: STOP POSTING IN THE TECH ROOMS IF...