4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Im getting 5g's

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 01:40 PM
boostedgt02
3rd Gear Member

Default Im getting 5g's

what should I do to the mustang? It is totally stock for right now. I want to try and get more hp for the buck. Please provide the part and website that I can order it from and the price. After all those parts are installed what hp do you think i would be at the wheels?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:48 PM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Im getting 5g's

Supercharge it!!!!!!!!!

[sm=drooldude.gif]http://www.performance-plus.com/stang/supercharge.htm

If you want, I can take some of that money off your hands for safe keeping[sm=smiley15.gif] lol
Old 08-02-2005, 04:42 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Two words. Kenne Bell. After the install with a 9 PSI pulley on the 1.7 you will be at a tad over 400 RWHP. But you will need an exhaust to help it breathe out.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:48 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Kenne bell?????NO NO NO procharger or a vortech all the way. www.superchargers4less.com
Old 08-02-2005, 05:59 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 99saleen351r

Kenne bell?????NO NO NO procharger or a vortech all the way. www.superchargers4less.com
totally agree, same acceleration (maybe more) for less buck.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:09 PM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

Can someone please explain the differences in supercharger and why one may be better than the? From what I have read, the KB twin-screw makes HP all through the RPM’s, but is harder to cool than a centrifugal-type blower. I’ve also read that centrifugal S/C’s can put out more HP than a twin-screw, but that peak HP comes at higher RPM’s and is not consistent. (I’ve also heard that the twin-screw is somewhat better for daily-drivers.)

I’m weighing supercharger options right now, but was seriously considering the KB 1.7…
Old 08-02-2005, 07:34 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

sounds like you've got the idea of what they offer already.

a KB will most certainly deliver alot more power at 2 or 3k rpm than any centrifugal or turbo could... but up above 4k is where the centrifugal's shine... probably about the same hp as KB at 4 or 5 kish but up above that a centrifugal will make more power.

KB is gonna be more fun on the street for sure, but for all out acceleration the centrifugal will most likely be better pound for pound. You just have to decide what you want. Also, of course the KB is more expensive. I like the centrifugals because you can have your car like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde in a way.... in wet weather and normal driving you can easily control the power as the car won't really be anymore powerful than it is now... but stomp the gas and get the rev's up and its a whole nother animal.

Thats my preference though... but Im the type that says to myself "self, if I'm going through the trouble of getting a blower to go faster... then I want the fastest blower I can get". Well... my choice was easy, and cheaper. I'll probably get flamed for knocking the holy KB.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:50 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

sounds like you've got the idea of what they offer already.

a KB will most certainly deliver alot more power at 2 or 3k rpm than any centrifugal or turbo could... but up above 4k is where the centrifugal's shine... probably about the same hp as KB at 4 or 5 kish but up above that a centrifugal will make more power.

KB is gonna be more fun on the street for sure, but for all out acceleration the centrifugal will most likely be better pound for pound. You just have to decide what you want. Also, of course the KB is more expensive. I like the centrifugals because you can have your car like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde in a way.... in wet weather and normal driving you can easily control the power as the car won't really be anymore powerful than it is now... but stomp the gas and get the rev's up and its a whole nother animal.

Thats my preference though... but Im the type that says to myself "self, if I'm going through the trouble of getting a blower to go faster... then I want the fastest blower I can get". Well... my choice was easy, and cheaper. I'll probably get flamed for knocking the holy KB.
Consider this your flaming. haha. Anyway.. kenne bell's offer a ton of power all across the charts where as the others don't. Also like mentioned the kenne bell would be more fun. I consider centifugal superchargers to be more for 1/4 miles and such.. even though when muscle mustangs and fast fords or 5.0 mag (can't remember which) they had a cobra shoot out and all of the cars were equipped with kenne bell 2.2 or 2.4 blowers. And kenne bells sound better too. haha. Also I would like to see a race between a kenne bell vs. a centifugal. I put my money on the kenne bell. And another thing even MD says they will make around the same power at 4k-5k RPM's Well how much higher are you really going to go? GT's have their rev limiters set pretty low. You can always raise it, but whats the point. Kenne bell's are less work, more play, but you're gonna pay for it. I've actually been conisdering a centifugal too and I still don't know which one to get. The money is the biggest issue for me. But if I had the money I would not think twice about the kenne bell.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:42 PM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

put a KB on it and be done with it
Old 08-02-2005, 09:46 PM
StangMan04
2nd Gear Member

Kenne Bell hands down...gives off most torque than the competitors.