4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bonus $$ - how to use it

Old 08-03-2005, 02:45 AM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

Default Bonus $$ - how to use it

Woo hoo! I'm getting a fat bonus of about 3.5k when I get back. I figure AT LEAST 2k will go to my car, if not more. What the hell to spend it on?

For a start, I'll finish out my SLP exhaust with an x-pipe and headers. That's over 1k there, then you figure around 500 or so for installation. New spoiler to replace that <shudder> R-wing, maybe an S281 or a 03/04 cobra spoiler. Paint touch-up to get rid of the dings and scratches (a$$hole keyed my car), and pay to get the "cobra" filled in on the bumper, no idea how much that'll cost...

So, let's say I've got around 1k to 1.5k to spend. My current mods are listed in my sig. Any suggestions?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:04 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bonus $$ - how to use it

I like the things that you picked to do when you get your money.. some cosmetic and some mechanical. That Diablo tune that you have is that with a programmer? What about getting a SCT2 programmer, you have quite a few mods and they single stuff out a bit more than the Diablos do..
Old 08-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

The Diablo is with a handheld, yes. Would getting an SCT2 programmer really be worth the money? I could probably get at least $250 to $300 for the Diablo, I guess...

Also, just FYI, I'm planning on keeping my car NA...no supercharger, no turbo. I was thinking about nitrous, though, maybe ZEX.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:56 AM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

i have the NX kit although not yet installed. i am getting it put in the 10th but that what i would go for to get big power gains that you'll be happy with. remind you it is about 1000 for the kit that includes new plugs,bottle warmer, purge, lines etc. but its also a thousand to install. that what i would lean to although cuz thats the route i chose. i would go for a power adder to feel ahappy baout the money spent though
Old 08-03-2005, 07:16 AM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

I was going to say a Zex setup but wasnt sure if 1,500. would be enough for a complete kit plus install. The SCT won't really help you out that much more than the Diablo, I was just wondering if it was the Diablo chip or the tuner. The SCT is supposed to single out upgrades you have made to your car a little better though, more options.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:33 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

I would say take that $1500 and put a nice set of VT cams and springs in, and maybe have the heads p/p while they are at it. That would be the way I would go, good HP for the money. But the ZEX kit is also a good choice too.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:08 PM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dalthius

The Diablo is with a handheld, yes. Would getting an SCT2 programmer really be worth the money? I could probably get at least $250 to $300 for the Diablo, I guess...

Also, just FYI, I'm planning on keeping my car NA...no supercharger, no turbo. I was thinking about nitrous, though, maybe ZEX.
Handheld tuner + N20 = A big no no. If your run the juice get a custom dyno tune with a flip chip.

For a start, I'll finish out my SLP exhaust with an x-pipe and headers. That's over 1k there, then you figure around 500 or so for installation.
Holy crap mang! I got a full exhaust including Long Tubes, shipped and installed for right at $600! SLP is 'spensive!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Cbra

Handheld tuner + N20 = A big no no. If your run the juice get a custom dyno tune with a flip chip.

For a start, I'll finish out my SLP exhaust with an x-pipe and headers. That's over 1k there, then you figure around 500 or so for installation.
Holy crap mang! I got a full exhaust including Long Tubes, shipped and installed for right at $600! SLP is 'spensive!
WTF did you buy???? That is insanely cheap for "full" exhaust alone, not to mention installation.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:54 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

ORIGINAL: 94Cbra

WTF did you buy???? That is insanely cheap for "full" exhaust alone, not to mention installation.
^^^^ I was thinking the same thing. What long tube's did you get so I can get them also!!! You must have stole them...LOL
Old 08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Supercharged98GT

Spray it with ZEX, nothing beats the juice when comparing budget to horsepower

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bonus $$ - how to use it