4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

clutch quadrant

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JerseyTrueBlue
Right, so the fact that every one that I've dealt with has been a pain in the a, and have even heard guys who own shops say they hate installing them is bs right? Pretty sure good advice comes from experience so I just thought I would share my bad experiences sorry for trying to help the guy out.
seems you're in the minority here...
Old 05-11-2010, 02:26 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Jersey True Blue, you rather have that ugly, worthless, fragil plastic quadrant over a heavy duty one? That was very misleading, no offense. I'm in the process of gettin the steeda kit shipped. I heard bad things about the adjustable cables and to continue buying the OEM cable with the aftermarket quadrant and FWA. I just bought the whole kit because the quadrant and FWA together was already at $96 w/shiping at brothersperformance.com. I might as well buy the whole $100 kit.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 PM
JerseyTrueBlue
1st Gear Member

Okay you know what? Fine they are wonderful products I love mine so much I wish I bought it years ago. It's not like I have problems with it or anything you know, I guess I'm just talking out of my a** over here ignore my advice listen to everyone else who just happened to get lucky with their product. I will never "mislead" anyone ever again by trying to share my experience with a product. Apparently I'm a minority because me and 3 guys I know hate our setups, don't know how that works out but sure.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
JerseyTrueBlue
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by nascrchi
Jersey True Blue, you rather have that ugly, worthless, fragil plastic quadrant over a heavy duty one? That was very misleading, no offense. I'm in the process of gettin the steeda kit shipped. I heard bad things about the adjustable cables and to continue buying the OEM cable with the aftermarket quadrant and FWA. I just bought the whole kit because the quadrant and FWA together was already at $96 w/shiping at brothersperformance.com. I might as well buy the whole $100 kit.
If the stock quadrant was worthless howcome the cars came with them, better yet why is my friend doing 11.50's with it? If it's fragil I'm pretty sure it would have snapped on him considering his car sees the track more then 50 times a year. As far as it being ugly goes..it's tucked up under your dash, if one of the reasons you bought it was because it looks nice that's just ridiculous.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 PM
SnakeConvert98
1st Gear Member

If the stock quadrant was worthless howcome the cars came with them, better yet why is my friend doing 11.50's with it? If it's fragil I'm pretty sure it would have snapped on him considering his car sees the track more then 50 times a year.

Just you wait till his factory plastic bushings on the clutch pedal piviot shaft wares out and lets the pice of crap factory quadrant **** sideways just enough to strip the little teef off (it will happen sooner or later),,,,he will be driving home wif no clutch to shift with,,,this is why ford put the crappy things in,,,,have you seen the labor rates lately? Not to mention the replacement parts/prices!!!!!!

As far as lucky goes,,,i do all my own installs,, so if it doesn't rattle(or any of the other symtoms),,, it's not luck at all, i do it right the first time around because i don't like doing things twice!!!!! (unless it feels good)
Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Okay you know what? Fine they are wonderful products I love mine so much I wish I bought it years ago. It's not like I have problems with it or anything you know, I guess I'm just talking out of my a** over here ignore my advice listen to everyone else who just happened to get lucky with their product. I will never "mislead" anyone ever again by trying to share my experience with a product. Apparently I'm a minority because me and 3 guys I know hate our setups, don't know how that works out but sure.
If the stock quadrant was worthless howcome the cars came with them, better yet why is my friend doing 11.50's with it? If it's fragil I'm pretty sure it would have snapped on him considering his car sees the track more then 50 times a year. As far as it being ugly goes..it's tucked up under your dash, if one of the reasons you bought it was because it looks nice that's just ridiculous.
I did put no offense. I would have to say your friend is a fortunate one. Mine is all screwed up. I wish my car had your quadrant/cable set-up!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:44 AM
JerseyTrueBlue
1st Gear Member

Good idea about the stock cable, I'm about to do the same to mine. I wish I never used the steeda but like you, I bought the kit and decided to throw it all on just to see what everything was really like.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
hot sauce
2nd Gear Member

its not that you can see it! its more of a piece of mind knowing that you have a better piece instead of the cheap junk from the factory. i have the upr setup on car took all of 20min and i havent had any problems at all none of the cobra guys i run with havent had any problems also. i would never go back to stock setup, plus it was only 59 dollars
Old 05-12-2010, 10:02 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Once you have everything hooked back up, pull up on the pedal by putting your foot underneath it for a few seconds, you should hear a click. This means it's adjusted. Whatever you do, do not buy an aftermarket quadrant or a firewall adjuster, it barely helps with the pedal location, they are a pain to set right, and they make your pedal vibrate like a mother and it sounds terrible. Everyone I know who has had them, both upr and steeda went back to stock. I'm still running my steeda but I hate it.

This really isn't accurate...

I have a steeda set-up, and I have no troubles with it at all. I did not buy it for pedal location, i bought it because when I slam my foot to the floor the flimsy stock plastic POS flexes and has caused a missed shift on more then one occasion. Also, the directions in the packaging for my steeda were less than optimal, so I suppose it may take some experimenting to get it setup correctly, but to say you shouldn't buy one really isn't good advice IMO. To each his own I guess.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Stock factory quadrant is crap, simply put!
Needs replacing for any performance setup!!

Quick Reply: clutch quadrant