4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what mods do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:28 PM
thork

it's an auto which is what I wanted since it's my daily-drive as well. drove the ls1 (which is a stick) into work for about a month, I think i may have gained an inch or two of left calf muscle from all the stop/go traffic shifting! haha.

also, just left him a voicemail about the tuner so we'll see.

i'm gonna swing by the shop that did the work tomorrow and see if they can check out this obnoxious clunk/thump coming from the front end when I make a turn above 15mph (basically any turn, but it's intermittent so I'm stumped to what it is, maybe the shocks?).
Old 05-09-2010, 06:50 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

Like someone said, whe you get a chance post up some pics
Ohh and if I may make a suggestion, after a tuner i'd suggest going with a o/r x pipe and a catback exhaust. Adding thost two things to you list already who def UP the fun factor you'll get from your car.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:08 PM
thork

yeah I was thinking about it, not sure though, it sounds pretty good as it is now.

BUT, those loud mustangs that I am used to seeing (hearing!) on the road are very cool!

we shall see, I'd have to listen around and figure out what sounds like what in real life.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:09 PM
thork

pics, right! i had it on my new member post, but here it is again. bad sunshine, I know.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:49 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by thork
yeah I was thinking about it, not sure though, it sounds pretty good as it is now.

BUT, those loud mustangs that I am used to seeing (hearing!) on the road are very cool!

we shall see, I'd have to listen around and figure out what sounds like what in real life.
I thought the same.... then i put in magnapacks > no regets. One of the best choices i did. SSS are also badass!
Get on youtube and try out different combos but then again you can always use the search function here on MF, enough members have posted up video of there exhaust and new threads seem to pop up everyday about exhaust so its easy to find em. Good luck\
PS: I love the green... wish Ford continued at least a few more years than they did w/ that color. Then again I was sad when ford ditch the sonic blue after 05. But if the color returned i'd buy a new car tomorrow! Maybe 2014 for the 50th.... I can only hope.

Last edited by sonicx; 05-09-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:06 PM
thork

Originally Posted by sonicx
I thought the same.... then i put in magnapacks > no regets. One of the best choices i did. SSS are also badass!
Get on youtube and try out different combos but then again you can always use the search function here on MF, enough members have posted up video of there exhaust and new threads seem to pop up everyday about exhaust so its easy to find em. Good luck\
PS: I love the green... wish Ford continued at least a few more years than they did w/ that color. Then again I was sad when ford ditch the sonic blue after 05. But if the color returned i'd buy a new car tomorrow! Maybe 2014 for the 50th.... I can only hope.
thanks for the tips. and yeah I am digging the color too, I haven't seen many in the same color around here.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
thork

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N
predator is a handheld tuner. did that come with the car or did he keep the tuner? if he kept it he probably unmated it and there LIKELY isnt a tune on your car.

like said, if its tuned for 91 you can definately use 93 octane, just don't run anything lower than 91. alot of people have a hard time finding 93 octane gas pumps so they tune for 91, but running 93 won't hurt anything at all, will just cost you a little more money.

and yeah those mods are pretty much self explanitory.
he apparently kept the tuner. said I can buy it from him if I want. seems like kind of a dick move, but whatever.

so does that mean I don't have any kind of tune right now? is the tune only applied when the predator is plugged in? or is the tune just stored in the diablo to be edited later? sorry for all the questions.

basically, should i buy the tuner from him? If it's the only way to get the shop's tune (assuming they made the tune...) then I might as well buy it even though I don't want to give him another penny right now.
I'm pretty upset he didn't include it in the sale though, almost want to buy it somewhere else just to spite him, just seems like a jerk move as he has no other need for it besides making a quick buck. Oh well...

Last edited by thork; 05-09-2010 at 09:21 PM.