4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

CDC Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:43 PM
knightrider09

Default CDC Mustang GT

Im originally from west monroe, Lousiana born and raised i have always been a big mustang enthusiast growing up and have always wanted to own one of my own and now i do.

Im currently in the United States Army stationed over in Iraq right now looking to mod my car once i get back stateside. I have an 01 Mustang GT with the following mods and accessories: SLP Cold Air Intake, 75mm Throttle Body, Typhoon intake manifold, CDC Shaker Hood System, BBK Balanced Under-drive Pulleys, BBK Shorty Headers, Delta 40 Series Flowmaster mufflers, H Pipe Setup, 31/2 SLP Loudmouth tips. I have a TrickFlow Heat Upper intake, Inlet Plenum , 90mm MAF, Vortech S trim Superhcharger kit, Gauge pillar pod and gauges that havent been installed yet but plan on it in the near future.

I have not taken this car to the strip yet until i get the supercharger installed and get it custom tuned but the hard part is finding a custom tuning place for late model mustangs in the West monroe, la area with a dyno. I have a lot more engine work to do as well as exterior add-ons i want to do.

I plan on using this car for street and strip!! Hopefully someone shares the same passion for mustangs as i do and i can make a lot of good friends here. I will have pics up soon with all the upgrades installed. Trying to figure out how to shrink my pics. They are too big to upload...)= Hope to hear from all you guys soon!! Any advice anyone can offer that has this setup or one similiar your input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:44 PM
knightrider09

I was wondering if i could get a custom tune with an SCT X-CAL 3 Tuner included? and if so how much would i be looking at spending? I dont have the money to currently get my car dyno-tuned and ive heard this is the next best thing?... I have an 01 Mustang GT with the following modifications:

Vortech S trim Supercharger
75mm throttlebody
Balanced pulleys
Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers
42lb HP Ford Racing Fuel Injectors
CDC Shaker Hood System
Typhoon Performance Intake Manifold
SLP CAI
H-pipe Setup
SLP 31/2 Loudmouth Tips
Delta 40 Series Flowmaster Mufflers

and i plan on adding these in the near future as well:

90mm MAF
Trickflow Heat Satin Intake Manifold with Inlet Plenum
255LPH High Flow/Performance Fuel Pump
High Flow Fuel Rails

As far as the ignition retard, is it needed along with the bypass valve? Anything am i missing here for a complete kit.? I got the kit off ebay and it came with quite a bit of stuff..

Any advice would be appreicated and as far as i know im the only one on this forum with this setup so as i go along i will gladly post pics to let those of you thinking about this setup will know how to do it and the ending results. Is the Supercharger install hard? and what do you recommend if i cannot get the car dyno tuned right away... can i flash tune using SCT?

and according to vortech they said "Vortech superchargers are direct bolt-ons to a 100% Completely stock engine and the ECM has to be send to be tuned" So that right there proves to me that reguardless i have to get my car flashtuned and i think SCT offers a setup similar to mine...