4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Suspension mods..

Old 06-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Soldier... first and FOREMOST, thank you for your service

Second, the first rule of suspension mods.... nearly 100% of them will cause additional NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness), so if you want a ride that performs, you are gonna have to live with some for sure.

As for the begginers list... you have the most important item already and is FLSFC's. The next thing I would recommend, is a set of LCA's. Not just ANY aftermarket one, but one with a spherical bearing for improved action of your rear suspension. This WILL add noise, and more so than a poly/poly one, but will improve your ability to take a corner at speed. After this, we need an ULTIMATE goal for your ride in terms of your needs as a driver.

Do you want a 1/4 mile launch rocket only, a weekend 1/4 mile ride and limited DD duty, or AN ALL-OUT, FULL-ON, TWISTY EATING BEAST THAT DEVOURS CORNERS LIKE GODZILLA DOES TOKYO?

Jazzer
Old 06-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat

Do you want a 1/4 mile launch rocket only, a weekend 1/4 mile ride and limited DD duty, or AN ALL-OUT, FULL-ON, TWISTY EATING BEAST THAT DEVOURS CORNERS LIKE GODZILLA DOES TOKYO?

Jazzer
x2, however just a quick start on suspension under a grand with noticeable outcomes would be a good set of LCA's, Steeda springs, and a set of your choice of non adjustable or adjustable shocks/struts depending on your goal.(rec either koni or bilsteins)
Old 06-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98redstang
MM sfcs are awesome. I have them and LCAs both from MM. They work great for the track. Well see how good they are when i finish my motor build. What are you looking for strip performance? Or road racing and autocross kind of stuff?
Mainly for drivability.. My car rides like crap. All that I have is the springs and nothing else. Also maybe to go to the track. I haven't decided yet.. I will have a little extra money after the S/C install so I just decided that it's time to beef up the suspension a little..
Old 06-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat

Second, the first rule of suspension mods.... nearly 100% of them will cause additional NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness), so if you want a ride that performs, you are gonna have to live with some for sure.

As for the begginers list... you have the most important item already and is FLSFC's. The next thing I would recommend, is a set of LCA's. Not just ANY aftermarket one, but one with a spherical bearing for improved action of your rear suspension. This WILL add noise, and more so than a poly/poly one, but will improve your ability to take a corner at speed. After this, we need an ULTIMATE goal for your ride in terms of your needs as a driver.

Jazzer

Hey thanks Jazzer.. I am going to take your advice bro.. I guess I can live with the harshness. I've just come to the conclusion that I have spent so much money and I've tolally neglected the suspsension. I might take her to the track and if I do I just wanna be prepared..
Old 06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Like stated above get some LCA's