4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New Rear Wheels/Tires Mounted

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

Default New Rear Wheels/Tires Mounted

Finally got my deep dish anthracite bullitts on today. Bought 315/35-17 Nitto NT05's to go along with it. Car looks so much meaner with the wider rears. Few pics are included, these were taken with my phone. Haven't really tested them yet but i will these next few days and see what its limits are. My only problem is the stock front wheel has a bit of a different shade than the new rim. Its kind of annoying me knowing it's off a bit but i'm trying to fight the urge dropping more money just for two new rims up front.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Looking good...how do you like the NT-05's on the streets?
Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

Just had them installed today so i haven't really driven them much to test but so far cornering is greatly improved, then again anything would of been better then the bald Kumho's i had on the rear. I had to take turns slowly with the Kumhos or the whole rear would go loose. I took some pretty fast turns on the way home today and grip was excellent and felt confident the car wouldn't break loose.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:11 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Looking great man....did you ever manage to weigh them?

And which part of socal are you in?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:50 PM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

Are the rears 10" wide?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:52 PM
fidelcastrol
2nd Gear Member

Glad you posted this as I am thinking of running this same set up on my car, could you take a pic of the rears with the old rims side by side so we can see the color difference. If it's very noticable I'll just go for a set of Cobras.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:55 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL
Looking great man....did you ever manage to weigh them?

And which part of socal are you in?
Thanks, no i wasn't able to weigh them. UPS tracking # page showed 28 pounds each as they shipped in there own box. Those weights aren't always accurate so i don't know the exact weight. I'm out in Burbank. Wheels are 10.5's. Fidelcastrol, i'll try and get a pic up tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:18 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fidelcastrol
Glad you posted this as I am thinking of running this same set up on my car, could you take a pic of the rears with the old rims side by side so we can see the color difference. If it's very noticable I'll just go for a set of Cobras.
It really depends on what shade of gray the bullitts bullitts you have on your car are. Appearantly Ford used several different kinds. I am running 17x9 stock style bullitts in the rear which I purchased from AM. I later realized that my 2 "stock" front rims are not the same color (bought the car used). One has a lighter grayish silver color which seems to be what the 01 Bullitts had. My car was a lease vehicle before so perhaps the previous owner curbed one of the rims and when they did all the touch-up's they just found a random 99-04 bullitt rim that they thought was the same. The other side seems to be more of a metallic darker gray which matches my 17x9 rears close enough.

I think AM also changed their supplier for their rims since I ordered from them, so I donno if the ones from them will be the same as before.

Last edited by StriderTacticaL; 10-02-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

^Strider, do you know of any good shops in So Cal that does gear installs. Looking to put 4.10s in soon and want a good reputable shop. I've been to GTR out in Rancho Cucamonga, great shop only problem is its pretty far. Leaning towards them but if theirs another reputable shop that can do it and is closer i might go that route. I think GTR was charging $300 for the install, i'd have to call them back and see if its the same as this was the price they gave me earlier in the year.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:59 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wrr1020
^Strider, do you know of any good shops in So Cal that does gear installs. Looking to put 4.10s in soon and want a good reputable shop. I've been to GTR out in Rancho Cucamonga, great shop only problem is its pretty far. Leaning towards them but if theirs another reputable shop that can do it and is closer i might go that route. I think GTR was charging $300 for the install, i'd have to call them back and see if its the same as this was the price they gave me earlier in the year.
PM sent

Quick Reply: New Rear Wheels/Tires Mounted