4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Looking 4 a performance intake....need a good deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:05 AM
Willk7

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
WTF kind of PERFORMANCE INTAKE are you talking about?
Relax bro!!!! I'm sure most GT drivers are type A personalities but damn SON!! ... either way, sorry I didn't get back to you all... I'm not really sure obviously, or I wouldn't be asking the question in the first place. I'm a novice on such issues, yet I hear a performance intake would increase my horsepower!! After reading this thread though I guess I'll just throw on a performance filter and see what happens...
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 AM
MustangGt40th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
either one is useless on his car, i got my bbk cause it was shiny and makes a cool whistle sound. gave zero power
+1 got mine for shiny and whoosh sound lol
Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Willk7
Relax bro!!!! I'm sure most GT drivers are type A personalities but damn SON!! ... either way, sorry I didn't get back to you all... I'm not really sure obviously, or I wouldn't be asking the question in the first place. I'm a novice on such issues, yet I hear a performance intake would increase my horsepower!! After reading this thread though I guess I'll just throw on a performance filter and see what happens...
Maybe you took what I wrote the wrong way....lol. You how things come out differently when you say it rather than type it? Anyway, my bad for coming off as a dlick...lol

Just get a K&N Filter...these cars come with a cold air intake stock from the factory.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
MustangGt40th
2nd Gear Member

The only thing performance wise I could see from getting a CAI instead of just a performance filter is that it isn't dimpled and such like the factory one. So that may increase throttle response a little. Also when I got mine, aside from the "whoosh" sound when I tap the throttle, it made my(factory at the time) exhaust sound a little deeper. I can't say that for my Borla's because I never had the factory air box on with the Borla's.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:47 PM
ryanm
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGt40th
The only thing performance wise I could see from getting a CAI instead of just a performance filter is that it isn't dimpled and such like the factory one.
I have a drop in K/N filter and it just looks like that flimsy "dimpled" intake pipe wouldn't be able to match the flow of a solid (usually metal) piece that you get with most CAI kits. Am I way off base with that assumption?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:25 PM
fidelcastrol
2nd Gear Member

Drop in K&N and if you want the whoosh sound pull off the silencer and you'll be happy.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Willk7

So what about a new intake manifold? Where can I get a good deal on an actual performance intake manifold,,, used or new? I've got a guy that can install it for me and I'm curious how much this would run me. And in your opinions which one is the best or at least best for your money?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:19 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

you dont need a new intake manifold either lol...
Old 01-01-2011, 09:37 AM
piledriver
Banned

Originally Posted by Willk7
Hey guys... I'm looking to buy a performance intake for my 03' GT, new or used for a REALLY REASONABLE price...lol.. somebody give me a deal please!! If you have a used one btw... I would obviously prefer that it has low mileage. Merry Christmas all...
Forget it... don't nickle and dime yourself buying 1000's of dollars worth of boltons like I did. SuperCharge that sucker and you'll have a new, badass car almost untouchable on the street. Spend the 5K or so to SuperCharge her. Now that I am SuperCharged, all the boltons I have installed actually work, giving me more power than they would if I stayed N/A. Good luck, I may be assuming that you have the money, but if you don't, save, don't waste it on useless boltons. Some work, but many do not. my best was gears and exhaust, I really noticed a gain from these two.