4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

H-Pipe vs X-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: H-Pipe vs X-Pipe

That dyno graph is on a stock 01 Cobra. So as you can imagine on a stock to bolt-on GT the results are going to be even less with the less airflow once again proving that H and X produce almost exactly the same results until you are making a ton of horsepower. Whoever said the H-pipe falls off at 3K is wrong.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:47 PM
ajspellm
2nd Gear Member

hwo did he lose power until about 4500 rpm?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:52 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Hang on a second... I will go to MS Paint and make a dyno graph also. Sorry, but thats what it looks like.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Hang on a second... I will go to MS Paint and make a dyno graph also. Sorry, but thats what it looks like.
Hey why dont u go argue with the people over at mustangexhaust.com them or do u know more about exhaust then they do? Because thats were the graph is from and a whole tech article written up about it. Are you just butt hurt because there is evidence that your X-pipe isnt far superior to the H-pipe like you want to think.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:52 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Nope, not butt hurt at all. I have done my own testing with LTs and X & H pipes and I do know that you see and feel better gains with the X pipe. When you start modding your car, you try not to rely on others info, rather you do your own. So when you start, let me know how it comes out.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

Nope, not butt hurt at all. I have done my own testing with LTs and X & H pipes and I do know that you see and feel better gains with the X pipe. When you start modding your car, you try not to rely on others info, rather you do your own. So when you start, let me know how it comes out.
Haha this coming from the guy who thinks mustangexhaust.com made there dyno graph in paint and thinks its fake. What did u take your g-tech out on the street and see how much faster u were after u got it. Haha these are real results here dyno proven, lets see some dyno graphs from your extensive testing and lets see why the X-pipe is soooooo far superior to the H-pipe. Haha when I start modding my car? Look at my cardomain page I'm pretty sure I've started modding it. Sounds more to me like you are the one spitting out regurgitated information than me.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:01 PM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sick96Stang

Haha this coming from the guy who thinks mustangexhaust.com made there dyno graph in paint and thinks its fake. What did u take your g-tech out on the street and see how much faster u were after u got it. Haha these are real results here dyno proven, lets see some dyno graphs from your extensive testing and lets see why the X-pipe is soooooo far superior to the H-pipe. Haha when I start modding my car? Look at my cardomain page I'm pretty sure I've started modding it. Sounds more to me like you are the one spitting out regurgitated information than me.
That's funny! Sounds like you need to do some research boy. Guarantee Jdan knows 1000 time more than you do bout Mustangs. Have a nice day!
Old 08-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02StanGT

That's funny! Sounds like you need to do some research boy. Guarantee Jdan knows 1000 time more than you do bout Mustangs. Have a nice day!
Haha is that why he thinks u can EASILY get 300 rwhp from a pre 99 GT with just a PI headswap and cams. Why dont either of u two show me a pre 99 GT that has 300 rwhp with just a PI headswap and cams, hell why dont either of u two show me a dyno graph that shows that an X-pipe has substantial gains over an H-pipe on a stock-mildly moddified GT.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:14 PM
JJones_86
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone know what your fines/charges could be if your caught without cats?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:15 PM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02StanGT

Haha is that why he thinks u can EASILY get 300 rwhp from a pre 99 GT with just a PI headswap and cams. Why dont either of u two show me a pre 99 GT that has 300 rwhp with just a PI headswap and cams, hell why dont either of u two show me a dyno graph that shows that an X-pipe has substantial gains over an H-pipe on a stock-mildly moddified GT.
I won't show you one, cause personally I wouldn't waste my time on that no power POS. I have no dyno graphs. I just said I GUARANTEE Jdan knows more than you when it comes to the Ponies.

Quick Reply: H-Pipe vs X-Pipe