MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Supercharger or.... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/63014-supercharger-or.html)

MustangChris04 08-22-2005 11:39 PM

Supercharger or....

Which would be better... a KB supercharger or these:

Steeda G-trac Stage 3 $649.95
Steeda SuperLite Sport Springs $249.95
Drilled Rotors $500.00
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter $200.00
Cobra Front Splitter $369.95
Production 2003 Cobra Wheel (Chrome Finish)
Steeda GT Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust Kit $569.95
Hi-Flo Catalytic Converter X-Pipes $449.95
4.10 Gears $230.00
Total: $3500.00

If I were to get a supercharger, would I need other things? Would the engine be able to handle that much extra power?
I have intake and chip right now. Its an 2004 GT

David_K 08-22-2005 11:48 PM

RE: Supercharger or....

depends on what you want to do with it? where do you live? do you live in the hill country with alot of windy hilly roads? steeda has some expensive ****, you could get that **** cheeper somewhere else. like on ebay. there is plenty of new steeda stuff on ebay cheaper than you would find retail.

MustangChris04 08-23-2005 12:01 AM

yeah, no way I want to pay retail for anything Steeda is way overpriced. But im 10 minutes from the steeda headquarters.
I live in florida, no hills at all. Im lookin to get the best 1/4 mile time I can get.. and would want to know what would be better 4000.00 for a supercharger or just the little things that i listed.

David_K 08-23-2005 12:11 AM

well do a s/c. andyes as long as you stick to the recommended boost levels from kenne bell your engine would be fine. i would add a loud exhaust though so you can get some looks as you rocket through miami beach w/ your KB s/c

BicketyBam 08-23-2005 12:14 AM

I'd go s/c first and then add the other a little at a time as you save the money. The KB's are very nice, but pricey. The whole setup with supporting fuel mods is more than $4,000, no?

MustangChris04 08-23-2005 12:15 AM

I would defiently need something loud :D I love the sound of headers xpipe and exhaust setup. But then again, the sound of a supercharger screaming down the street is even better ;)
if i get a supercharger like that, I would need new tires, wider rims, and other stuff so the car could handle the power?

David_K 08-23-2005 12:19 AM

up to you. depends on how you drive.

BicketyBam 08-23-2005 12:24 AM

If you want to firmly plant that power, you will need to upgrade your suspension. But you can get away without it while you are saving money. It's not like you are going to touch the gas and your tire are going to smoke down to the rims. A KB s/c will have a harder time hooking up than a centrifugal like I have though. But you can get the s/c and worry about suspension later.

blueangelfightr 08-23-2005 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

I'd go s/c first and then add the other a little at a time as you save the money. The KB's are very nice, but pricey. The whole setup with supporting fuel mods is more than $4,000, no?
Yes they are. A 1.7 intercooled is $4900 I believe. You will need the intercooler to safely get the max boost out of your GT Which happens to be 9 PSI for stock internals. I would do the kenne bell if you want speed. But, now I hear centifugals are better for the strip. The way it goes is, a kenne bell will FEEL faster (torque curve) but a centifugal will BE faster (more hp throughout the entie RPM range.) You will also need an exhaust with that because of the amount of exhast gases with the new s/c. Also, you mentioned sport springs, but you want this to be a 1/4 mile car, why not get drag springs?

DuckyGt 08-23-2005 01:14 AM

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr
Yes they are. A 1.7 intercooled is $4900 I believe. You will need the intercooler to safely get the max boost out of your GT Which happens to be 9 PSI for stock internals. I would do the kenne bell if you want speed. But, now I hear centifugals are better for the strip. The way it goes is, a kenne bell will FEEL faster (torque curve) but a centifugal will BE faster (more hp throughout the entie RPM range.) You will also need an exhaust with that because of the amount of exhast gases with the new s/c. Also, you mentioned sport springs, but you want this to be a 1/4 mile car, why not get drag springs?
^A wise man indeed.