4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:04 AM
madmike90
1st Gear Member

hey guys, thanks for the replies.

i got the car like this and havent bothered to look toward a change in body parts just yet, as i want to get my performance up to par first.

but thanks for the suggestions
Old 03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

I can't complain about that. I've had a cracked header panel and a mark on the bumper since I got the car, as well as awful gold race stripes. Every time I have money it ends up in performance parts though. I'd look into NX kits. I seem to remember one of our members a few months ago having alot of problems with the ZEX solenoids.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire

With that being said.....I would suggest changing your side skirts and rear bumper back to stock until you decide if/what other exterior parts you want to use. The particular style of parts you have chosen tend to come off as cheap, tacky and overdone. They don't really represent the look of a muscle car and also make your car appear much faster than it is. These are a few of the top no-nos in the mustang community.
Yea, there is nothing about those body parts that make it look fast. As far as the community and the earlier comments, you'll notice the more you're on here that certain topics get talked about ALOT. For instance, there should be an entire section set aside for just people posting about which gears they should get. Nitrous is a topic that's been talked about before, and lately has been trending (it seems to me anyway). Guys get very tired of answering the same questions over and over again when there's a search tool that probably could've easily gotten you your answer. There's also a how-to sticky I believe at the top of the page, and if you go in there you'll find links to alot of basic questions that are seen all the time. In fact I believe there is a nitrous basics thread in there.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:39 PM
madmike90
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ddmsgtr1
Yea, there is nothing about those body parts that make it look fast. As far as the community and the earlier comments, you'll notice the more you're on here that certain topics get talked about ALOT. For instance, there should be an entire section set aside for just people posting about which gears they should get. Nitrous is a topic that's been talked about before, and lately has been trending (it seems to me anyway). Guys get very tired of answering the same questions over and over again when there's a search tool that probably could've easily gotten you your answer. There's also a how-to sticky I believe at the top of the page, and if you go in there you'll find links to alot of basic questions that are seen all the time. In fact I believe there is a nitrous basics thread in there.

thank you sir and duly noted.

ill make it a point to do a search first from now on.

thanks for the pointers guys and stay safe