4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ones whom have the jmod

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:01 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

The guy who built my trans put in a Transgo shift kit. I had one in my other 4r70w and wasn't really happy with it. It was nice but not as firm as I wanted it.

Hangwire, I'm thinking about taking out the accumulator springs. How firm are the shifts without the springs? I'm guessing the shift kit is similar to the J-mod so taking out the springs wouldn't hurt it I'm thinking. I just want firm, hard shifts at WOT but don't want my head to get jerked around when part throttle.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 PM
n03stang
1st Gear Member

n03stang isn't an idiot in fact he is going to be a nuclear engineer for the United States Navy. Plus I've had a jmod first and wasn't happy with it. the transgo kit I was very happy with. I guess to each his own. But there is no need to insult the men who serve your country.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
The guy who built my trans put in a Transgo shift kit. I had one in my other 4r70w and wasn't really happy with it. It was nice but not as firm as I wanted it.

Hangwire, I'm thinking about taking out the accumulator springs. How firm are the shifts without the springs? I'm guessing the shift kit is similar to the J-mod so taking out the springs wouldn't hurt it I'm thinking. I just want firm, hard shifts at WOT but don't want my head to get jerked around when part throttle.
How firm it is depends on what you have your shift pressure set at. "0" makes it feel practically stock and "25" makes it feel like your being bent over by your own car - but its super fun to run around for 20 mins killing the throttle on 25 shift pressure. The bad thing is I also want the best of both worlds but it wont work that way. The shift pressure is proportionate to the comfort level of the shift. Most tuners lock out a lot of features on a handheld because they dont want you ****ing up their tune but I asked my tuner to keep a few things open such as shift pressure and he was nice enough to. I settled on shift pressure of 15 the week I got my car back with the KB and i've not moved it since. A good middle man shift point for me. I do ocassionally bump it up to 25 if I know I am leaving to go race somebody. And I do ocassionally bump it down to 0 if I know i'll have a passenger for a while. Otherwise they can deal with it :P .

No one has ever got out of my car unsatisfied and I don't think that will be changing.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:12 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Ya I think I am going to call Darrin. I have heard too many trans builders say they don't like the Trans-Go kits.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 PM
n03stang
1st Gear Member

Hey and with that kb at 10 psi what are your power levels. I'm interested in actually getting the same setup. I have the same catback already same trans cooler I just happened to prefer my trans go. Have you ran a 1/4 if so what times. I appreciate all answer thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by n03stang
n03stang isn't an idiot in fact he is going to be a nuclear engineer for the United States Navy. Plus I've had a jmod first and wasn't happy with it. the transgo kit I was very happy with. I guess to each his own. But there is no need to insult the men who serve your country.
Gratz on that and thankyou for the service, I work around nuclear material myself so I understand the field. Probably not on that scale though. However my opinion about your knowledge on this subject has nothing to do with what you do with your daily life and still remains true in this case. There is no need to involve irrelevant things.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
n03stang
1st Gear Member

You stated I was an idiot. When I'm not. I prefer a transgo kit over jmod. This forum is filled with many opinions based on experience. I don't think your an idiot for liking the jmod. And you shouldn't call me an idiot for liking a transgo kit. I didn't state anything that wasn't true. All trans shops around me recommended a transgo kit for my 4r. I installed it myself and I haven't had one issue. So I am not stating untruthful information. And neither are you.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

I believe that you did sir, tough titty. Back to the topic at hand.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by n03stang
Plus I've had a jmod first and wasn't happy with it. the transgo kit I was very happy with. I guess to each his own. But there is no need to insult the men who serve your country.
Lol Nice!!!! Much love and thanks for your service and opinion.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:17 PM
n03stang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
Lol Nice!!!! Much love and thanks for your service and opinion.
Thanks you for the respect. I appreciate it! I just had a buddy go to Afghanistan lose both his legs due to an ied. I hate when military men get insulted even if they are wrong no reason to call peoples opinions idiotic.

Quick Reply: Ones whom have the jmod