4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Can't decide on what exhaust to get

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 08:50 PM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Can't decide on what exhaust to get

just LTs. and listen to ur stang SCREAM!!!!!!!!

O/R X w/ magnapacks
Old 08-26-2005, 11:14 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

I would like to get the MOST horsepower gain, but also have a great sounding mustang. Are the steeda exhausts nice? What would you recommend for an exhaust that give me the most horsepower.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XbcSharpShooter

I would like to get the MOST horsepower gain, but also have a great sounding mustang. Are the steeda exhausts nice? What would you recommend for an exhaust that give me the most horsepower.
Some kind of straight through muffler for sure, I know there are some people who have dynoed full exhaust setup's and I know a full SLP or Bassani setup gets some pretty good dyno results. As far as just catbacks, magnaflow gets some good dyno #'s, Borla XS mufflers I beleive will give you the best dyno results but the difference is so minimal.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

yayyy here is the whole SLP=redneck truck again..guys come on..I got Longtubes, off road h, and the SLP LM1..and it soudns anything but redneck like..every person that stops me to talk to me about it says it is the most muscle car sounding mustang they have ever heard (this includes guys at the track)..sure i have a lot of engine work done so it is gonna be deeper and mroe aggressive b/c of more power but still..SLP does not sound like a red neck truck with an o/r mid pipe..or with LT's and an o/r mid pipe..will it be f*cking ***** to the wall loud? yes. scary loud at some times? yes. but if thats what you want, then go for it. it's what i wanted, and I am not dissapointed.

And about it losing its tone after 3000k rpm or w/e...it doesnt lose it's down..the engine is really under load then and the exhaust just comes flying out and with a straight through muffler, nothing is there to stop it or slow it down or tone it, like a chambered muffler will. it's just fiery at that point and i like the sound, others don't..its hard to ask people what exhaust you should get because exhaust gives u minimal power gains unless you get Longtubes...so when choosing exhaust go for the sound you want.

For ballsy muscle car sound: go Catted H pipe (MAC or MRT seem to be popular) and SLP Loudmouth 1 Catback..you will NOT be disapointed..and there will never be drone while crusing as there would be with flowmasters..just a nice hum

Ahhh nice and long post..sorry guys
Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 AM
skunkanova
1st Gear Member

Acer, did you get the h pipe before or after the new set-up with the 3 piece design?...a buddy of mine has the original set up and hes had some problems, but ive got the 3 piece design, and its so much better....hell when i wash my car, i always wash check under and it looks just like it did when i put it on...
Old 08-27-2005, 01:56 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

for HP go w/ LT headers, shortie O/R X-pipe, magnapack catback.

i think everyone would agree that, that setup would make the most hp. however most exhaust places wont install a catless exhaust so that is something to keep in mind in NJ it is a 25K$ fine for places who install catless exhausts[]
Old 08-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

yayyy here is the whole SLP=redneck truck again..guys come on..I got Longtubes, off road h, and the SLP LM1..and it soudns anything but redneck like..every person that stops me to talk to me about it says it is the most muscle car sounding mustang they have ever heard (this includes guys at the track)..sure i have a lot of engine work done so it is gonna be deeper and mroe aggressive b/c of more power but still..SLP does not sound like a red neck truck with an o/r mid pipe..or with LT's and an o/r mid pipe..will it be f*cking ***** to the wall loud? yes. scary loud at some times? yes. but if thats what you want, then go for it. it's what i wanted, and I am not dissapointed.

And about it losing its tone after 3000k rpm or w/e...it doesnt lose it's down..the engine is really under load then and the exhaust just comes flying out and with a straight through muffler, nothing is there to stop it or slow it down or tone it, like a chambered muffler will. it's just fiery at that point and i like the sound, others don't..its hard to ask people what exhaust you should get because exhaust gives u minimal power gains unless you get Longtubes...so when choosing exhaust go for the sound you want.

For ballsy muscle car sound: go Catted H pipe (MAC or MRT seem to be popular) and SLP Loudmouth 1 Catback..you will NOT be disapointed..and there will never be drone while crusing as there would be with flowmasters..just a nice hum

Ahhh nice and long post..sorry guys
Thats all good except for you want to tell me how something as loud as your setup u just described sounds anything like a muscle car? I think some people on here just cant remeber what a muscle car sounds like it certainly is not ear pierciningly loud and it is a hell of alot deeper than SLP could ever be. If anything a chambered muffler will give you more of a muscle car sound, SLP might not sound like a redneck truck but it also sounds absolutely nothing like a muscle car.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:23 AM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

I really want to hear what they sound like.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:26 AM
skunkanova
1st Gear Member

when i get my server back up (waits on new motherboard)...ill put a clip of my exhaust on there for you guys....full mac exhaust with stock shortys.....talk of the town type glorious sound