4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Tuned HP?

Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

Default Tuned HP?

hey guys i know this might be a vague or general question but what should or could i expect from a custom tune with my current mods...
BBK CAI
PP 70MM TB
PP 75 MM Plenum
Stack Racing intake spacer
Pypes Shorty Headers
MAC O/R H Pipe
Magnaflow Magnapacks
3.73 FRPP Gears

thanks guys im ordering my tune next week when i get paid lol just curious as to what i should expect, thanks for any input!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:06 PM
sonicx
speed'n

hmm..... gears doesn't do anything HP. CIA, intake space....aren't worth more than 2 3 hp tops. Shorty's aren't as great seeing gains as longtube headers persay. The catback systems are more for noise and sound than for really any hp gains. The tb & plenum will a little bit as will o/r h pipe. I'd guess and say low 250's rwhp. (Depending upon temp wise).

Last edited by sonicx; 03-18-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 PM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

yeah not sure what i wanna do next i was thinking steeda U/D pulleys, not sure where i wanna go with the engine lol im usually more into cosmetic mods and such not all so much performance but i deff. wanna save up for a SC setup in the future.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by bronxbomerss2
yeah not sure what i wanna do next i was thinking steeda U/D pulleys, not sure where i wanna go with the engine lol im usually more into cosmetic mods and such not all so much performance but i deff. wanna save up for a SC setup in the future.
Please don't do u/p pulley's. There wayy to much money for what there worth. No offense but that intake spacer you got is a crock as well for $$$ vs. hp gain. If your looking for something cheaper (take your $300 for the u/d pullies) add it to for longtube headers and sell your o/r h pipe and those shorty headers. Take that money & go after cams or what you mentioned s/c. Though personally b4 cams or s/c i'd do suspension if you haven't done so already.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:40 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Stick or auto? A good custom tune will always benefit an auto more than a manual, but obviously the total rwhp will be lower with the auto due to more drivetrain loss.

Last edited by mrtstang; 03-18-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

yeah i didn't buy the intake spacer or shorty headers though lol the previous owner had them so kinda a surprise to me so i can't complain that it was there when i pulled the plenum lol but idk i would love longtubes but i don't feel like going through the hassle of pulling the shortys off and putting the longtubes on, i gotta pass emissions first and foremost haha but ok scratch the UD pulleys then lol and i haven't done any suspension yet i was gonna get the H&R supersports with MM C/C plates after my SCT tuner
Old 03-19-2011, 02:07 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Sounds good. Might as well look into new shocks and struts while your at it, but sounds like a solid future for your car.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:14 AM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

im hoping so lol i've put so much money into my cars it isn't even funny and ive sold all of em, im pretty sure this is the one im keeping haha
Old 03-19-2011, 02:19 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bronxbomerss2
im hoping so lol i've put so much money into my cars it isn't even funny and ive sold all of em, im pretty sure this is the one im keeping haha
lol.... ehh if you enjoyed it while you had it and it was a hobby, then why not?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:47 AM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

yeah its addicting it just annoys the **** outta me when the gf is like why don't u spend money like that on me and i gotta explain to her why my im always broke bc i spend to much on the car haha but quick question for u if i wanna get the H&R SS spring and the MM CC Plates do i need shocks and struts and what about ball joints? i think im looking around 750 for that setup

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuned HP?