4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

lookin for a little more help from the best guys around!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Dj96cnvrtblgt

Default lookin for a little more help from the best guys around!

i got a whole lot of help from you guys a while back when my 96 convrtbl stang just suddenly stopped runnin...i troubleshot the mess out of it over a period of a cpl months...found a bad relay finally in the pcm (its been a while so im trying to remember if im callin it right, the module in the front right fenderwell)and i replaced it...new battery terminals, checked the fuel pump, cut off switch, etc etc...replaced the fuse that blew when the relay went bad....still no start as in, wont turn over, wont power fuel pump, no spark. cleaned mass air, and then thats when i got into the whole annoying as hell world of pats...i could shoot whoever designed it right in the face...if there is something that should be done that well in the world, we could use that perfection elsewhere, i dont have money fallin out of my pockets to throw at the options available. so the car apparently sat dead too long and lost its mind and the pats is spitting out 1:6 code....i called the dealer and of course got some big numbers for diagnostics and towing and thats before saying it just needs programming or repair as well...just cant afford it. so i just a few days ago found a wrecked stang of the same yr and got the computer out of it for 75 bucks...hooked the fuel pump plug back up and now it turns over where it did not before but still no power to the pump and no spark...pats still says no way 1:6! does the whole car have to go to the dealer or can i just take the computer to them and save some of that stupidly insane labor charges and whatnot...i dont need somebody to do the physical work just tell it that is not stolen! any help would be appreciated...this is my fourth stang, i love them but its my first of this yr and im starting to regret getting it...its sat more that ive driven it and im close to giving up and tryin to sell it or something...im tired of being stuck with out a way to really work to make the money needed to pour into that thing just to be able to work some more...im single now, child support is stacking up, my va check is barely keeping me fed and ford doesnt wanna help the ppl that cant afford to drive the new ones