4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone using a hand held tuner with a supercharger???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Modular_Madness
Banned

Default Anyone using a hand held tuner with a supercharger???

if so which one both supercharger and hand held?is it a can tune?What year of vehicle and drive train combo is it?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

looks liek your trying to cheap out here dude...i have a whipple with a sct handheld tuner and it has been dyno tuned...if you become SC you must get it tuned on a dyno dont do that canned tuned bull crap cause they have no clue how your car is acting so there not actually tuning your car there just adding and takin a few things an could possibly hurt your car
Old 06-06-2011, 06:00 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

The only way to properly tune a supercharged vehicle is by a reputable tuner and a dyno. Period. (They can use the handheld to do it btw.)
Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Modular_Madness
Banned

Ok maybe im not being descriptive in my intentions.

Im not trying to tune it this tuner is able to control shift points and rev limiters and has an 87 tune all the way to 93 performance tune which i dont want to use.

I want to tailor my shift points and remove the speed and rpm limiters.

If i install the 87 tune thats not going to advance the timing is it?Anyone familiar with this tuner?Will the base tune have any ill effects on my engine with the blower?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

i will not advice you to do it on your own you need your car dyno tuned professionally...if you care about your car lasting more then a couple months then do it...also if you car about it dip into your pocket alittle and start running 93 all the time to save the motor from detonation
Old 06-13-2011, 08:36 PM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

superchargers, hand held tuners are all personal preferance.if your intention is to program things yourself i dont belive one works better than another when it comes to the popular names. i used the kenne bell tune with no problem for 2 years,they have done alot if r&d with there stuff so i wasent to worried. i have now stroked it to a 302, cnc the heads, 65lb injectors and everything else to go alon with it. it is going to the tuner tomorrow, it is the only way i will feel comfortable with all the money i have spent.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Modular_Madness
Banned

So i cant use the 87 tune on this hand held to tailor my shift points and correct for my gears?

Isnt the 87 tune going to be the same as a stock tune?im confused as to why i cant use it?

Iam in now way trying to tune for the supercharger i just want to tailor my shift points and remove the speed limiters please explain why i cant?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

you cant run 87 octane and a blower.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Modular_Madness
Banned

Originally Posted by boduke0220
you cant run 87 octane and a blower.
Gee really?

WTF???

Did you even read what i posted?I dont give a **** about the tuner other than tailoring shift points.Im fully aware of what it needs for fuel and only run 93.What im uncertain of is whether the 87 octane tune will have any effects on my supercharger.

Lets see if i can get an actual answer to an actual question instead of a bunch of non sense i already knew?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

You can have shift points and gearing ratios built into the TUNE you get or have but it's not an user adjustable item. You can't plug in the tuner and then adjust it yourself, has to be built in with your blower tune from whomever tunes it. At least, with the SCT units you cannot. I don't know about the Diablo or others.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a hand held tuner with a supercharger???