4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Good quality racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:50 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Corbeau LG1 in mine. Love them. Hold you in place and microsuede is comfy. Long trips might suck, but I don't use my car for those really.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Dragonus18
2nd Gear Member

Which of these seats is comparable to the stock seat in terms of comfort?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 AM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Microsuede Forza's in my ride, i love them, i had to go with the wides but they fit me great.

IMHO, i think my seats are more comfy than my girls aunts 04 GT 'vert stockers.

only downside (as stated in earlier posts) is they dont recline, but you cant beat the weight savings...
Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Corbeau Forze microseudes here, love em. Only con is they are non-reclinable but Im caged so it doesn't matter.
^ total animal, this guy

'bout time someone put a lock-down on you!

Jazzer

PS. I agree with others.... the New Edge OEM seats suck *****! VERY dangerous on a performance ride, one that likes corners anyway. Absolutely NO lateral support of ANY kind and was prior to my current suspension set-up. I have AX'd my ride a couple times having forgotten my seat belt... 'twas not missed in the slightest
Old 05-13-2011, 12:06 PM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

I have the Scat ProSports and i love them. I think they are tons better than the stock seats and they are rather light (the lightest reclinable seat Scat has). As for quality i think its great i have only had them in a few months now but so far they are holding up great. Ive had nothing but compliments for them.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Dragonus18
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
^ total animal, this guy

'bout time someone put a lock-down on you!

Jazzer

PS. I agree with others.... the New Edge OEM seats suck *****! VERY dangerous on a performance ride, one that likes corners anyway. Absolutely NO lateral support of ANY kind and was prior to my current suspension set-up. I have AX'd my ride a couple times having forgotten my seat belt... 'twas not missed in the slightest
What's a good seat that's like the OEM seats but just lighter?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:55 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

All these seats that have been recommended I haven't found them in tan. Any ideas for tan interiors?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by Dragonus18
What's a good seat that's like the OEM seats but just lighter?
There ARE no good seats like OEM, 'cuz OEM sucks *****

All aftermarket race seats of which I know are going to be ligher than the OEM ones. The problem with them is two-fold. The first being that they have zero lateral support so dangerous on even the most modest of corners. The second is how high the seat is relative to the floor. The Recaro's, seen in my Garage pics, are SPECTACULAR in every way. They are lighter, offer wonderful support, the back is adjustable, ligher and about 4" lower than the OEM ones. I had the back legs cut down and are another 1.5" lower for more headroom.

Cannot beat the quality, but the cost was about $1700 for the pair. I was forced to get the Recaro slides as the good-quality alternate ones were not available at the time. Would have been probably $150 less or so.

Jazzer
Old 05-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Dragonus18
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
There ARE no good seats like OEM, 'cuz OEM sucks *****

All aftermarket race seats of which I know are going to be ligher than the OEM ones. The problem with them is two-fold. The first being that they have zero lateral support so dangerous on even the most modest of corners. The second is how high the seat is relative to the floor. The Recaro's, seen in my Garage pics, are SPECTACULAR in every way. They are lighter, offer wonderful support, the back is adjustable, ligher and about 4" lower than the OEM ones. I had the back legs cut down and are another 1.5" lower for more headroom.

Cannot beat the quality, but the cost was about $1700 for the pair. I was forced to get the Recaro slides as the good-quality alternate ones were not available at the time. Would have been probably $150 less or so.

Jazzer
Jesus Christmas! $1,700 so seats!? I never knew they can get THAT high. My limit is no more than $1,000. I'm sure there must be good seats for that much and that are much better than the stock ones. My only concern is wether or not the seats that I pick out are going to be decent on a daily driver that takes some trips up the road.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
All these seats that have been recommended I haven't found them in tan. Any ideas for tan interiors?
black seats look pretty good with the tan interior actually

Quick Reply: Good quality racing seats