4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

supercharger questionez

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
If that p1 procharger you looked at on the 17th here in the classifieds is still available he may want to check that one out. https://mustangforums.com/forum/part...-complete.html
thats one of them lol, I know of quite a few more blowers out there for sale for similar prices, but I'm pretty sure that one was the of the best options out there because it is a 100% complete kit. That is almost the exact setup I myself sold.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
TEXASx2000xMUSTANGx
2nd Gear Member

o ya forgot to ask this one, i am COMPLETELY new to any type of blower, so idk the little things behind it i would need to upgrade. should i intercool it or no? (i know i should but is it stupid not to?) and do i need to get a new fuel system, or anything else to make sure its all running wihout problems?
Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

You will need a new fuel pump, injectors, tuner, tune and maf. I personally would never run a blower non intercooled, better safer than sorry. Kenne Bell has a boost a pump which i would recommend to anyone. Gimme a min and I'll link you to a thread that has the basic layout of what you would need besides an intercooler setup.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipe...-its-done.html

Last edited by Gt04; 05-23-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

A complete kit should come with all the upgrades you need except additional things like a maf, gauges and gauge pod. My kit in non intercooled right now but its only pushing 5psi. But cetris dont create as much heat as apb blower it does create heat but not as much. That being said even though vortech support have told me numerous times that the kits such as mine want need an intercooler until I get close to 10psi with a smaller pulley but I plan on having an intercooler installed with a smaller pulley in the summertime just to be on the safe side bc it gets hot here.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

even after reading this i called 3 different times and asked different reps and they all told me the same that I mentioned above.. Fom Vortech support below

"Why don't Vortech superchargers need an Aftercooler or an intercooler?

Vortech Engineering, LLC has conducted extensive testing of most intercoolers/aftercoolers currently on the market. Test results indicate that for street driven purposes below 8-9 PSIG, installing an aftercooler has marginal effects when using a Vortech supercharger (due to the high efficiency of the supercharger). Nearly all of the intercoolers/aftercoolers available on the market have poor effectiveness and actually can cause parasitic losses equal to or greater than the power gained by installing a intercooler/aftercooler. Vortech has developed systems which are substantially more effective at lowering discharge temperatures without causing driveability problems and pressure drops thru the cooling core and ducting
Old 05-23-2011, 04:41 PM
TEXASx2000xMUSTANGx
2nd Gear Member

okay thank you! cause i dont think ill be pushing over 7 PSIG because of that exactly. is that a safe number to run without intercooled? and what fuel pumps and injectors do yall recommend?
Old 05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TEXASx2000xMUSTANGx
okay thank you! cause i dont think ill be pushing over 7 PSIG because of that exactly. is that a safe number to run without intercooled? and what fuel pumps and injectors do yall recommend?
Are you looking at complete kits or are you getting all the parts separately? Whats your budget on whatever route you're going? The complete kit comes with the injectors #42 and 255lph pump Its a v1 s trim kit I went with and it came with all of that it cost me $2400 brand new i got it from a guy but they are $3014 on summit racing. The only thing I had to get was a lighning maf but I was told a stock maf would work but has its power limitations. A handheld tuner which i already had and gauges and a gauge pod. And 7psi is fine on a centri kit non ic but keep in mind in the summer of texas it gets hotso I wouldnt be running it back to back on the track If i were you. And you can get a cx racing intercooler to fit with the vortech kit they start at $189 for a full kit on ebay.

Last edited by Rockwell28; 05-23-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

id recommend an svt focus fuel pump, with 42# injectors and a 90mm lightning maf. A kb BAP with the fuel pump wouldn't be a bad idea. Also most people that run non/ic run 5-6psi.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 PM
TEXASx2000xMUSTANGx
2nd Gear Member

i was looking at the complete kit from vortech.com the v3 si-trim, have you heard any good things about it? because it says that its new to the market. but i think i might just go witht he v1 s-trim because ive heard nothig but good things about it. and my limit will probably be 3500.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TEXASx2000xMUSTANGx
i was looking at the complete kit from vortech.com the v3 si-trim, have you heard any good things about it? because it says that its new to the market. but i think i might just go witht he v1 s-trim because ive heard nothig but good things about it. and my limit will probably be 3500.
the v3 si trim is a pretty quiet blower. It is self contained so you don't have to tap the oil pan like you do with a v1 or a v2. For that price i could get you into a kenne bell or pretty much the blower of your choice lol.

Quick Reply: supercharger questionez