4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Damage to engine running without mufflers and cats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

As others have mentioned, the main damage will be to his ears.

As far as running rich, he'll either need to check the plugs or get a wideband O2 sensor to confirm this... otherwise it's most likely just the extra odor the cat use to burn up.

Remember... rice can strike anywhere. No one is safe.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:00 PM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
Funny, I took your reply and said the same thing in my head, he just got to it before me. If you meant it or not thats how you put it across. The only bit of sarcasm I caught was from your reply (y u mad bro?) Anyway, the car will smell rich once the cats are removed, thats common and does not mean it actually is dumping fuel. The OP's buddy might have other unknown issues. My guess is a vacuum leak
mo man im not mad , but if you put FYI in your coment you sound like a little high school bitch bullying a fat chick. its sarcastic, dont put FYI in a coment . when was the last time you herd someone say FYI and it wasent? infact , when was the last time you said it? i dont say it because its sarcastic and i have more respect for people then that.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Wow guys... let's keep it civil here. Let's continue talking about how horrible his buddy's car sounds.. not who laid with a couple fat chicks in high school.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:57 PM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
Wow guys... let's keep it civil here. Let's continue talking about how horrible his buddy's car sounds.. not who laid with a couple fat chicks in high school.
thats my point, people need to watch how they say things. anything the guy had to say was fine untill he put FYI in there . maby thats how people talk to one another these days, i dont know .
Old 07-07-2011, 05:25 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sinister99GT
thats my point, people need to watch how they say things. anything the guy had to say was fine untill he put FYI in there . maby thats how people talk to one another these days, i dont know .
Nah, you're just getting worked up over nothing.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I always use FYI on internet forums with no sarcasm intended whatsoever, go through my posts if you want. You posted a comment and didin't explain jack in it, I replied and explained the point which you didn't and you got butthurt and now your gonna try and call me a bitch and this and that, FYI what a joke. If you just explained what you said in your second reply originally this conversation wouldn't even be happening, but instead you get all flammed up and start running your mouth, I never intended sarcasim and never intended to make you look stupid or whatever your thinking but now your doing that yourself...... OH HAI GUYZ my name is sinister99GT and I'm a big internet tough guy watch out.

Last edited by uberstang1; 07-08-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Old 07-08-2011, 06:19 AM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

lol, look whos talking, i dont like that phrase(fyi) like alot of people dont. i tell you and im the computer tough guy. when you continue to post things like this it just proves my point . good job,thanks

Last edited by sinister99GT; 07-08-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:27 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Im not the callin people bitche$ and all that, its not my fault your original post was flawed. FYI was never meant to be sarcastic.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Lets recap.
Sarcasm is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt.”[1] Though irony and understatement is usually the immediate context,[2] most authorities sharply distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence.[5] Sarcasm has been suggested as a possible bullying action in some circumstances.[6]
Ok below is my original reply in the thread, the area in bold is in no way meant to be sarcastic, it was serious and factual.
Originally Posted by uberstang1
Rear o2 sensors will not affect how the car runs whatsoever, all they simply do is check to make sure the cat is working properly, the computer will not adjust or the car wont make any changes at all based on information from the rear o2s FYI, front o2s are the only ones that affect the car. OP: I would reflash the computer back to stock and see how it runs.
Ok so heres reply number one with none of the information you posted in your original response.

UBERSTANG ,FYI ,i dont belive i said in that post that it would change the way it runs , he said the guy welded in straight pipes. it will just throw meaningless codes at him but it wouldnt hurt to put mills on. it doesnt seem like he planned for a tune with these changes to get that taken care of the right way so mills will stop those codes. FYI, i also said he should also get to a tuner asap and get it handled properly. but thanks for pointing that out to me needlessly in your sarcastic way.
O wait heres reply number two.............all I did was present the correct information which you claim you knew but I guess left out of your original comment but was worded in a way a reader would beleive their problems were coming from the CEL because of not having MILs........... but I'm the E-thug. LMAO

mo man im not mad , but if you put FYI in your coment you sound like a little high school bitch bullying a fat chick. its sarcastic, dont put FYI in a coment . when was the last time you herd someone say FYI and it wasent? infact , when was the last time you said it? i dont say it because its sarcastic and i have more respect for people then that.

Last edited by uberstang1; 07-08-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Damage to engine running without mufflers and cats?