4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Damage to engine running without mufflers and cats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:10 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sinister99GT
lol, look whos talking, i dont like that phrase(fyi) like alot of people dont. i tell you and im the computer tough guy. when you continue to post things like this it just proves my point . good job,thanks

FYI - we know you're mad. Snd FYI you need to chill out son.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

sub'ing for epic retaliation by sinister....nottt.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:05 AM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

I needed a solid LOL this morning, thank you thread that started out with a straight forward enough question
Old 07-08-2011, 05:12 PM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Im not the callin people bitche$ and all that, its not my fault your original post was flawed. FYI was never meant to be sarcastic.
i got that you didnt mean it in a sarcastic way , i just dont see how its not. the saying FYI alone is sarcastic . in what contexct do you use that and its not? do you talk to people face to face and say that? you can say it to your friends in a joking manor during a conversation. do you say it to someone that you dont know if you question something they say? i bet you dont so why would you think it would be fine to do online. so next time you type FYI in a coment think why you are doing it. to be friendly? it doesnt come across that way. demaening and sarcastic is the only way it can come across, that is the intent of that saying , nothing else.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:39 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

i got that you didnt mean it in a sarcastic way , i just dont see how its not. the saying FYI alone is sarcastic . in what contexct do you use that and its not? do you talk to people face to face and say that? you can say it to your friends in a joking manor during a conversation. do you say it to someone that you dont know if you question something they say? i bet you dont so why would you think it would be fine to do online. so next time you type FYI in a coment think why you are doing it. to be friendly? it doesnt come across that way. demaening and sarcastic is the only way it can come across, that is the intent of that saying , nothing else.
Weak.

I hear people say FYI when they are explaining things and don't want you to miss details. I don't see what the big deal is.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

thats lame! i have never heard that man . how often have you said that to someone, and if you ever did it wasent in that context . cmon man get real you no exactly how it is ment to sound . it is said to bully, and you are being told they think your stupid. i have never heard it used professionaly in any siguation and if someone has said it to you because they wanted you to pay attention to details they just told you they think you dont listen and they think your stupid.

i would like you to give me a example of how a conversation like that might go.when was the last time you said that to someone and how was it said? making it a habit of saying that is not a good thing at any level. you dont see what the big deal is , you should start saying it to people you dont know and see how it works out for you. infact tomorow try and use it in a respectfull way in a conversation with any one face to face. you cant because there is no siguation it can be used with respect, try it out .

Last edited by sinister99GT; 07-08-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:32 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

thats lame! i have never heard that man . how often have you said that to someone, and if you ever did it wasent in that context . cmon man get real you no exactly how it is ment to sound . it is said to bully, and you are being told they think your stupid. i have never heard it used professionaly in any siguation and if someone has said it to you because they wanted you to pay attention to details they just told you they think you dont listen and they think your stupid.

i would like you to give me a example of how a conversation like that might go.when was the last time you said that to someone and how was it said? making it a habit of saying that is not a good thing at any level. you dont see what the big deal is , you should start saying it to people you dont know and see how it works out for you. infact tomorow try and use it in a respectfull way in a conversation with any one face to face. you cant because there is no siguation it can be used with respect, try it out .
Done yet?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:53 AM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

it depends, are you guys done defending the use of this insulting phrase as if it were somthing that should be accepted and used in everyday conversation, when you no its true intent?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:03 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

FYI he wasnt mocking you ( like i am right now) or using it in a negative way to degrade you, lets get back on topic?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:05 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I generally stay out of discussions like this, however I have to say I could not possibly count the number of times I have used "FYI" in business memos and emails.

Those that are freaking out over this are creating a mental image of some belligerent dolt "in your face" saying "FYI!"; rather than someone wishing to share information as in:

--------------------------------------------
John,

FYI--see Ted's message below...

-cliff-
--------------------------------------------

Quick Reply: Damage to engine running without mufflers and cats?