4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mr. Freeze meth kit question

Old 07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Default Mr. Freeze meth kit question

Hey all,

Does anyone have any info/comments about the Anderson ford Mr. Freeze meth kit. I saw it in Late model mustangs for $189.00. I have an intercooler, but dread the install, for a buck 89 I would rather install this. Any info will be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

just do the intercooler! or you can do a small 50 to 75 shot to cool....but i would never replace an intercooler with meth...
Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

the Mr. Freeze kit is a very simplistic system, I read a lot of good on it. I personally run an i/c and AIS meth. I say keep your i/c, if temps are an issue down the road you can always add the meth but if your running a mild setup just the i/c should be fine
Old 07-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Right now I dont have either installed. The intercooler will be a pita to install, so I was thinking of using a meth kit instead. Mild set up, 10lbs of boost or less and under 400hp.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:15 AM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

its really up to you which cooling method you prefer to go, you'll definitely gain more with the meth due to its cooling abillities and octane bump...but I wouldnt just buy it based on price alone. Theres a lot to be considered, what mixture will you be using? How many nozzles, what sizes and where will you locate them? how is your tuner with meth? are you willing to refill the meth every single time it gets low? Just food for thought
Old 07-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97stanger
its really up to you which cooling method you prefer to go, you'll definitely gain more with the meth due to its cooling abillities and octane bump...but I wouldnt just buy it based on price alone. Theres a lot to be considered, what mixture will you be using? How many nozzles, what sizes and where will you locate them? how is your tuner with meth? are you willing to refill the meth every single time it gets low? Just food for thought

Correct, as with anything boost related, nothing is straight forward. I am leaning towards meth because a.) it's not a daily driver, so refilling will not be an issue, and b.) the install will be much easier.

Cost isnt a huge concern, but if this kit will work for my application, then why not.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:39 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

yeah I hear ya, I installed my meth system and it was pretty easy. The hardest part was the progressive controller (which you wont have with the MR Freeze kit) and running the lines from the trunk mount. Other than that, pretty self explanitory
Old 07-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

yeah I hear ya, I installed my meth system and it was pretty easy. The hardest part was the progressive controller (which you wont have with the MR Freeze kit) and running the lines from the trunk mount. Other than that, pretty self explanitory

I just looked up some old posts here and am def going meth. I just dont have the time to be dickin with a big install. I researched and also think the Snow stage one is a better fit for my app. Not much more money, but a little more controllable. I know you are an AIS fan, but that is more than I need. If I havent been having an absolute nightmare with this SC install I would prolly tackle the intcooler, but I just want to keep it simple.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:32 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

good choice, I'm not a nut swinger of AIS only, Snow makes great kits as well. I think you'll be really happy with the meth setup. How many nozzles are you going with? 50/50 mix?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

good choice, I'm not a nut swinger of AIS only, Snow makes great kits as well. I think you'll be really happy with the meth setup. How many nozzles are you going with? 50/50 mix?

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like you were a fan boy or anything, just saw some of your posts about the AIS system and the trunk mount and knew you liked them.

the Stg 1 kit comes with 2 nozzles, so I am assuming they can both be plumbed, but for my low requirements I think 1 should suffice (pls feel free to give your opinion). As far as mix, I was going to ask about that. I was thinking of having it tuned to washer fluid. It is readily available, cheap and again I'm not up in your HP range or heavy boost. Now if that is a horrible idea let me know, this is a weekend warrior, show off toy, so I wont be using a ton of meth anyway, so I would be willing to get a premix if need be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mr. Freeze meth kit question