4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ebay resistor

Old 09-07-2005, 01:58 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ebay resistor

That sorry peice of **** made my car run rich and 235hp to the wheels with my mod list. I was so pissed at that thing. I think I gonna go beat the **** out of the people that sell those sorry things. Please dont get one!
Old 09-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: robs400

quickshift, I noticed that you have an air intake and plenum as well as a shifter....any input you have on those as far as gains I'd be interested to hear because I am considering all three right now for the next mod....I was going to go with the CAI, but I have read in some places that with a basically stock motor, the heads flow good enough that a CAI doesnt really show any gains because from the factory it isnt restricted enough to make a difference.

The Tri-Ax shifter really shortened up the throws and made everything feel much more solid. I hate the way Mustang stock shift setups feel because of the rubber bushings and super long handle. It felt like I was reaching way out into left field to grab a gear. The spring loaded 2-3 upshift is much better as well, making it much less likely to miss 3rd...although it's something I've never done yet, but I feel much safer now. Also, the handle is much lighter yet stronger.

As for the TB/Plenum...out of my short list of mods, these seemed to REALLY wake up the car. The throttle response is just wicked, huge improvement noticed. I put those on AFTER the K&N, SLP Catback, and Magnaflow X were on the car. So my gains and differences may be different than someone who chose to go another route. 1st and 2nd gear REALLY seemed to wake up after I put these on, apparently they gave the intake a much needed increase in air volume. As of right now, I would not change one thing that I have done. I have researched each part and did them in the order that seemed most logical. This is only speaking from my limited experience and only regarding the specific parts I have installed. Obviously, your experiences may be different.

Overall, if your looking at those 3 parts you SERIOUSLY cannot go wrong. Good choices, period.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:10 AM

I picked up a resistor on ebay for like two bucks that I guess can be put in somewhere on the intake....has anyone ever put one of these in? My buddy baught one and put it in his gf's civic and said it didnt do anything...I was just wondering if it was anything worth messing with. Thanks for the help.
So then... why did you buy one??

Old 09-07-2005, 10:40 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

quickshift, I noticed that you have an air intake and plenum as well as a shifter....any input you have on those as far as gains I'd be interested to hear because I am considering all three right now for the next mod....I was going to go with the CAI, but I have read in some places that with a basically stock motor, the heads flow good enough that a CAI doesnt really show any gains because from the factory it isnt restricted enough to make a difference.

The Tri-Ax shifter really shortened up the throws and made everything feel much more solid. I hate the way Mustang stock shift setups feel because of the rubber bushings and super long handle. It felt like I was reaching way out into left field to grab a gear. The spring loaded 2-3 upshift is much better as well, making it much less likely to miss 3rd...although it's something I've never done yet, but I feel much safer now. Also, the handle is much lighter yet stronger.

As for the TB/Plenum...out of my short list of mods, these seemed to REALLY wake up the car. The throttle response is just wicked, huge improvement noticed. I put those on AFTER the K&N, SLP Catback, and Magnaflow X were on the car. So my gains and differences may be different than someone who chose to go another route. 1st and 2nd gear REALLY seemed to wake up after I put these on, apparently they gave the intake a much needed increase in air volume. As of right now, I would not change one thing that I have done. I have researched each part and did them in the order that seemed most logical. This is only speaking from my limited experience and only regarding the specific parts I have installed. Obviously, your experiences may be different.

Overall, if your looking at those 3 parts you SERIOUSLY cannot go wrong. Good choices, period.
yeah man.. <3 the steeda tri-ax. mine feels like it's the stock shifter now. i don't think i'd be able to drive one without it now.