4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

new issue lol P1131 1151 code WTF!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 02:28 AM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

BTW before i changed the O2 sensors i got the codes 1131 and 1151 now its only 1132, so i went from being to lean on the passengers side (the side the harness/clip in pic broke) to now being to rich, idk what that means if anything but any help would be so much appreciated, i just don't know where to go from here or what to look for, i tested the connected with the 02 extenders from the engine sensor (not the sensor on the O2 itself but the one it connects to) to make sure it was sending a signal and i was getting some readings but wasn't sure what the numbers should be, but i again checked the wiring and contact and they looked fine, none of the wires were ruptured or torn or anything, this sucks i haven't driven my car in almost 2 months from the body shop for the new hood and bumper to now being stuck on this dumb thing after i finally figured out my clutch issue, i wish i would have bought the triple hook quadrant before i pulled the trans again lol hate when crap like that happens
Old 09-18-2011, 03:44 PM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

I can't seem to find any past threads with a solution to this problem only possible solutions if anyone has any ideas please post this sucks if it helps I rele only hear the left side missing
Old 09-19-2011, 06:58 PM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

well i replaced the connector so now i know for sure i have no connection issue but that didn't fix the problem, i have replaced both 02 sensors with bosch sensors the OE type and i have cleaned the MAF, EGR, and IAT and still nothing, i think im going to bit the bullet on this one and take it in for the first time since i can't find any answered and no one else can either this blows !
Old 09-19-2011, 07:01 PM
FlamingoGT
2nd Gear Member

After replacing everything, have you tried clearing the codes and seeing if any of them still come back?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:31 PM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

yeah i cleaned the MAF sensor and now im getting a P01131 code and that is the IAT sensor is reading high so i think i might need to replace the MAF sensor i might have damaged it when i cleaned it?! idk bc the IAT is on the MAF sensor so i might just try replacing it or trying to find someone near me with a good one and swaping them out to see if that fixes that code, but im beyond frustrated with this car i haven't driven it in 2 months lol, one problem after the next it sucks
Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 PM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

well i bought a new MAF and i haven't seent he code come back yet the P0113 code so thats good but one more thing is it still missed and it smells horrible from the back of the engine like unburned fuel, idk what that means or if that tells u anything?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Idk if this happened to you or not but just so you don't ever had to buy a new MAF again there is a wrong way and then a right way when cleaning yoru MAF sensors. When you remove it don't touch it, wipe it, nothing. Just spray it about 6-8 inches away and don't drough it altho if you do, make sure you don't wipe the access off. Also make sure it's not outside when you clean it as its sensitive to dirt particles in the air as well.

As for the engine, any spills underneath the engine you can see?

PS: How'd that exhaust choice that you discussed with me turn out?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 PM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

GUYYYSSS PROBLEM SOLVED THE MAF SENSOR WAS DEFFECTIVE, JUST DROVE THE CAR 20 MILES NO PROBLEMS **** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for the caps just so happy lol i believe the first problem was the 02 sensors because they were bad when we tested each one with a torch and got no reading and tested the new ones to make sure we did get a reading but before i replaced the 02 sensors i cleaned the MAF sensor with carb cleaner and that might have possibly damaged it, so when i got a code for the IAT sensor reading high code P0113 think i found that the IAT is in the MAF sensor so i went out and got a new one and BAM problem solved so my initial thinking in retrospect is that the 02s went bad (they were original and have 80k on the car) but when i went to start cleaning parts i damaged the MAF sensor and in turn was causing my rough idle and misses, so i hope this helps other stangers out there!!! now to break in my clutch
Old 09-21-2011, 04:03 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Great that you got it running!

In the future it would also be wise to clean a MAF with MAF cleaner rather than carburetor cleaner:

MAF cleaner is a gentler acting degreasing solvent designed to not harm plastics--carb cleaner is some rather potent stuff designed to melt away that nasty varnish that builds up in carburetors.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:21 AM
bronxbomerss2
2nd Gear Member

thanks cliffyk but one more question now that i am able to drive the car around with it being a new clutch it does smell a little like burnt clutch when i get done driving but not bad just for maybe a minute or two does this sound normal when wearing a new clutch in, ive never had a brand new clutch so idk but any help would be appreciated, also im using the FWA and the and where the clutch cable meets the FWA the little circle thing on the clutch cable moves so i know the cable is eventually going to snap as its rubbing back and forth against the FWA so is there another FWA i should get that keeps it in place or did i do something wrong? thanks cliffyk heres a pic to explain what i mean...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quick Reply: new issue lol P1131 1151 code WTF!!