MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Good CAI for me (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/65403-good-cai-for-me.html)

dajawu 09-08-2005 12:39 AM

Good CAI for me

Sorry for this old subject, but now that it is time for me to get a CAI I have some questions. For starters looking at all of them and reading hundreds of posts I think I am going to get one with a plastic pipe instead of any kind of metal due to tempatures (it is a COLD air intake after all). I know K&N is awsome so looking at their site I stumble across their FIPK. Is that worth the money? They have a dyno that shows a 10hp gain. Looks nice but is it a CAI? I am a bit confused once I checked out their site as they have like 5 diferent models. Can someone just make my life easy and tell me what I should get? Nothing crappy for my baby please. Ohh its a 02 GT, only mod so far is magnapacks.

Albert

jdaniel 09-08-2005 12:42 AM

RE: Good CAI for me

You will be much better off going with www.tunableinduction.com It comes with the new high flow green filter and it out flows the K&N.

josh_0351 09-08-2005 12:45 AM

I chose the K&N FIPK only because the filter is easily accessible for maintenance (which you do once to twice a year:eek:). No complaints with the K&N, but if I could do it over, I’d go Densecharger FYI….

jdaniel 09-08-2005 01:03 AM

ORIGINAL: josh_0351

I chose the K&N FIPK only because the filter is easily accessible for maintenance (which you do once to twice a year:eek:). No complaints with the K&N, but if I could do it over, I’d go Densecharger FYI….

Densecharger is now TunableInduction for those who dont know.

dajawu 09-08-2005 01:14 AM

So I should order the #5 system for my 02 GT? Does it go in easy, and are the filters really nice or what?

dajawu 09-08-2005 01:16 AM

Ohh and is the STAGE 2 just add a new MAF? Are those RWHP gains on their website bogus?

Dave2000GT 09-08-2005 04:04 AM

If I get the K&N FIPK system... will this allow for a larger MAF meter in the future ? Or would I have to get a new inlet pipe to match it ?

jdaniel 09-08-2005 09:51 AM

If you get the Tunable induction system, it comes with a 85mm MAF, so there will be no need to upgrade later. The gains are real on their site. I had their system on my car and I LOVED it. Its easy to install. If you have a friend help you with the filter it will take all of five minutes to put it in.

Dave2000GT 09-08-2005 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

If you get the Tunable induction system, it comes with a 85mm MAF, so there will be no need to upgrade later. The gains are real on their site. I had their system on my car and I LOVED it. Its easy to install. If you have a friend help you with the filter it will take all of five minutes to put it in.
If I get the K&N FIPK system... will this allow for a larger MAF meter in the future ? Or would I have to get a new inlet pipe to match it ?

justingt 09-08-2005 04:19 PM

can i installe the System #5: Part# 960246GTFL on my completely stock 01 gt?